what colour nail polish are you wearing? (1 Viewer)

meeatu

HSC
I was replying to your post about clear polish. It costs like $2 at Priceline. :)
I don't think that I'd have anything on my nails if I had to fork out $29.95 for coloured nails. That's just me though.
and yet, so many womend do.

and regardless, it's $2 wasted.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Or you could... you know...
>.>
Not wear any
<.<

*covers mouth in shock at the mere utterance of such taboo*

What difference does it really make how shiney your nails are?

You do recognise that no one cares other than you, and the make-up companies profiting off your insecurity, right? - assuming they even notice.

Nothing is sexier or more beautiful than the human form. Why would you hide that behind anything so expensive and pointless?
I like my nails to look shiny. I don't care if other people notice or not. It's part of how I like to be groomed, just like I like my skin to be smooth and my hair to be clean. What's so wrong about that?

I also wear clothes and shoes and carry my shit around in bags and use shampoo and wear deodorant, omg I'm being manipulated by the evil corporate monsters profiting off my insecurities

I concur with taketheatrain about the price thing as well. It's a $2 bottle of stuff that lasts for months. So who cares?

HSC
my favourite nail poilsh colour is BLACK dnt worri im not emo but dat colour jst suits tanned ppl so muchh :)
Ja, I agree, it looks good on tanned/olive skin. Mine is chipping off a little though now, cbb recoating it

meeatu

HSC
I like my nails to look shiny. I don't care if other people notice or not. It's part of how I like to be groomed, just like I like my skin to be smooth and my hair to be clean. What's so wrong about that?

I also wear clothes and shoes and carry my shit around in bags and use shampoo and wear deodorant, omg I'm being manipulated by the evil corporate monsters profiting off my insecurities

I concur with taketheatrain about the price thing as well. It's a $2 bottle of stuff that lasts for months. So who cares?
You missunderstand.
I have no problem with $2 nail polish.
You like shiney nails. Who am I to tell you you can't?
I mean, personally, I miss the point, but sure, why not?

What I disagree about is $54 nailpolish and $40something manicures, and the kind of people who would reject someone from a social setting if they did not pour their livelihood down the drain with this junk.
Waste your money on $2 nail polish, by all means, if it makes you feel happy. But when it becomes the thing actually inhibiting your happiness, and yet, you still feel the need to purchase it, that's when I take issue with it.

HSC
Aww guys, he's just trying to rescue us from our frivolous female brains :eek:

^ AlleyCat, that's a fuckload of awesome right there.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
some gray-black that my sister bought

suzy in the sky or light or something like that by opi

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
You missunderstand.
I have no problem with $2 nail polish.
You like shiney nails. Who am I to tell you you can't?
I mean, personally, I miss the point, but sure, why not?

What I disagree about is $54 nailpolish and $40something manicures, and the kind of people who would reject someone from a social setting if they did not pour their livelihood down the drain with this junk.
Waste your money on $2 nail polish, by all means, if it makes you feel happy. But when it becomes the thing actually inhibiting your happiness, and yet, you still feel the need to purchase it, that's when I take issue with it.
well of course but those people clearly have deeper issues with themselves anyway, if they think like that.

woah alley that looks really interesting, did you do it yourself?

meeatu

HSC
well of course but those people clearly have deeper issues with themselves anyway, if they think like that.

woah alley that looks really interesting, did you do it yourself?
"those people" are a good 25% of females in developed countries.
Enough to say something about, I should think.
Even if it is only going to get tossed aside by people who
a) aren't like that, and don't care about the people that are
or
b) are like that, but are in denial

P.S. They are gorgeous, alleycat :]

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I would say based purely on my own observation that there are very few of us who are that screwed up. Not sure where you got that statistic from tbh

I have never met anybody who would reject someone from a social setting for not having manicured nails, nor anybody whose happiness was significantly impaired by not having manicured nails. Or any other kind of makeup.

HSC
I would say based purely on my own observation that there are very few of us who are that screwed up. Not sure where you got that statistic from tbh

I have never met anybody who would reject someone from a social setting for not having manicured nails, nor anybody whose happiness was significantly impaired by not having manicured nails. Or any other kind of makeup.
This. I was wondering where meeatu met these crazypants who can't live without manicured nails.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
for the shiny factor?

plus coloured polish takes me FOREVER because I can't stand having even the tiniest flaw in the application. With clear polish you can't see any slip-ups so I don't care
Or you could... you know...
>.>
Not wear any
<.<

*covers mouth in shock at the mere utterance of such taboo*

What difference does it really make how shiney your nails are?

You do recognise that no one cares other than you, and the make-up companies profiting off your insecurity, right? - assuming they even notice.

Nothing is sexier or more beautiful than the human form. Why would you hide that behind anything so expensive and pointless?
You know that nail polish costs like $2?
*Googles Nailpolish* let me see here...
"Nail Polish Shades online for only $29.95!
"Light of My Life $14.95"
"Mavala Switzerland By Mavala Switzerland --/0.3oz- $54.00"
Shall I keep going?

Also, we were talking about french manicures here...
Minimum $40 anywhere.
I was replying to your post about clear polish. It costs like $2 at Priceline. :)
I don't think that I'd have anything on my nails if I had to fork out $29.95 for coloured nails. That's just me though.
"those people" are a good 25% of females in developed countries.
Enough to say something about, I should think.
Even if it is only going to get tossed aside by people who
a) aren't like that, and don't care about the people that are
or
b) are like that, but are in denial

P.S. They are gorgeous, alleycat :]
Huh?

I just like the shine. It's not meant to be deep and meaningful, guys :)

meeatu

HSC

Well done then, you know some awfully secure women then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)