yay or nay thread (1 Viewer)

brendroid

HSC
Well, if you haven't heard it yet I think the Cold Spring Harbor album by Billy Joel is good :)

It's effectively entirely piano pieces, and for the most part has a serious feel about it. This is also, I guess, a naive Billy Joel as it's his first album. In that way, this is where his music all really starts.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
love anything that incorporates the piano (being a pianist) which is why i love ben folds.

also, different names for the same thing by death cab is amazing, one of my favourites

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm completely unoriginal and i love uptown girl the best

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i guess emily haines & the soft skeleton, and sarah blasko's latest would fit into that as well

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Pretentious 'underground' hiphop? (i.e. not on TV or the ipods of any of your friends)

90s hiphop/new jack swing?

So far I have recently gotten:

Nas - Illmatic
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
MF DOOM - MM... Food
De La Soul - 3 Feet High etc.

Generally old stuff. What else should I get?

I like the Jazz stuff that Nujabes makes too, but I'm too noob to get into Jazz itself. ?????

AND

Should I listen to Kool Keith?

Hopefully there's more than one other person here who likes this stuff...

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Cypress Hill, Public Enemy i love.

jazz oh man so many names, bebop is definitely my favourite, and because i started out as a classical and jazz guitarist the likes of Wes montgomery and Joe Pass i hold in high esteem.

but yeah Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden, Dizzie Gillespie, Art Tatum, Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk, Herb Ellis, Dexter Gordon, Charlie Christian, Charlie 'Bird' Parker, Stan Getz, oh and Gypsy jazz like Django Reinhardt, Sonny Rollins they are a few of my favs.

then you have the voices of Billie Holliday, Sarah Vaughn, Edith Piaf

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Yeah, as I said, too noob to get into jazz - so many names. :(

Nujabes is just jazz + hiphop for a bunch of his tracks, which is why I like (not straight jazz) - I'll give some of those names a listen, though.

WTF NUJABES DIED :cry::angry::angry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)