Arab Food (1 Viewer)

onur91

HSC
N/A
I absolutely hate yoghurt! Im guessing im the only Turk in the world who has never had ayran or a simit :p

Yo1anda

HSC
delayed but YOU GUYS
food isn't just one ethnicity okay
so stop fighting over what's leb and what's turk.

Just Chef

HSC
I agree, Lebanese and Turkish food are very similar, so stop fighting.

:speechless:onur91 can't believe you've never had ayran or simit they're like to of my favourite Turkish foods. I wish i had a simit right now, crunch on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside.

theMaster

HSC
Kebabs are actually Turkish :)
Actually there is a difference. Both cultures make kebabs and pides. Arabs generally call kebabs 'shawerma' which is slightly different but has basically the same ingredients.

Best Arab food really depends on what region you are from as there are so many different types of food that people make. A lot of it is also home made, and is not the take away sort of material. The type of food that algerians/Tunisians/Morrocons/ whatever north african country differs as it generally comes more from a Mediterranean nature from that of Lebanese food for example.
BUT SERIOUSLY ARAB FOOD IS FREAKEN DELICIOUS!

Yo1anda

HSC
Actually there is a difference. Both cultures make kebabs and pides. Arabs generally call kebabs 'shawerma' which is slightly different but has basically the same ingredients.

Best Arab food really depends on what region you are from as there are so many different types of food that people make. A lot of it is also home made, and is not the take away sort of material. The type of food that algerians/Tunisians/Morrocons/ whatever north african country differs as it generally comes more from a Mediterranean nature from that of Lebanese food for example.
BUT SERIOUSLY ARAB FOOD IS FREAKEN DELICIOUS!
ya what he said.

plus
some countries are heavily influenced by HEAAAPS of cultures
eg kebabs
called shawarma in syria
called "guss" in iraq
kebabs in turkey

adana kebabs
kebabs in iraq
adana in turkey
kofteh in lebanon

vine leaves
wara 3nab in lebanon
dolma in iraq/turkey
dolmathes in greece

flavoured rice
biryani in iraq, india, pakistan

Just Chef is simit that pretzel shaped thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)