Who thinks they've chosen the WRONG SUBJECT? (1 Viewer)

Curkz

HSC
I'm currently doing biology and couldn't dread the subject anymore then I currently am. I'm failing some assesments because there is way too much content for me to memorise and In general I find it to be boring.

People say the year 11 course is shit and the year 12 one is interesting... So I ponder over whether to keep the subject with less then average results or to drop it .. shit..

Existential

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing biology and couldn't dread the subject anymore then I currently am. I'm failing some assesments because there is way too much content for me to memorise and In general I find it to be boring.

People say the year 11 course is shit and the year 12 one is interesting... So I ponder over whether to keep the subject with less then average results or to drop it .. shit..
it looks like the best scaling subject you have.

the HSC course, ive heard, is interesting - however there is even more content (keep that in mind)

it comes down to whether you want it, need it and are capable of doing bio.

ar7

HSC

OMG. D:
I think I've really kind of screwed myself over for the HSC.

I dunno, I used to be good at german, so I picked up german extension. And I'm doing 4u math. And I hated chemistry (even though I was kind of good at it) so I dropped it at the end of yr 11 and I dropped business studies too because I just didn't have the time for 13 units and I could never find the motivation to study it.

But now it seems, I wasn't so good at german after all and I dropped german extension since I was coming last and it took up so much time for a subject that's just one unit.

So now all my hopes and dreams are riding on 4u math, adv english, german continuers and physics. And I'm under average in pretty much everything.

I should've not dropped chemistry and dropped german. Or I should've done engineering. Or something. D:

are your schools ranked in the top 50? just asking as you have tremendously low atar aims...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

the HSC course, ive heard, is interesting - however there is even more content (keep that in mind)

it comes down to whether you want it, need it and are capable of doing bio.
Bio: do i want it: no, do i need it: no, am i capable: probably, but cbb with it.

Curkz

HSC
are your schools ranked in the top 50? just asking as you have tremendously low atar aims...
Well yeh I'm pretty sure mine is.. [Newington college]... I had a uai predictor today with the ranking admin at my school. The UAI reflected on hypothetical marks was horrendous, I realistically have to have at least 90 on all or most of my subjects to meet that (low atar) Although i would aim for a lot higher depending on my results later in this semester...

Existential

HSC
N/A
ahaha i am at end of yr 12...but thing is i'm doing well at it lol, i think I'm first in my class...
what you consider to be 'well' may not be. you said you just about failed assessments, yet you say your topping your cohort. remember - the state of NSW has more competition than schools alone.

Existential

HSC
N/A
what's so good about business studies? it looks really really dry. i wasnt appealed to it, nor did i consider doing it for a second.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
what you consider to be 'well' may not be. you said you just about failed assessments, yet you say your topping your cohort. remember - the state of NSW has more competition than schools alone.
when did i say i failed assessments?, i believe that was the guy above me 0.o

in-sane

HSC
hating economics.
though i have no idea what other subjects i would have chosen.
maybe legal studies. /:

ilikebeeef

HSC

If you find Prelim Bio hard and having too much content, then you should drop it, as the HSC course has much more content than Prelims.

basically all creative art HSC subjects are like that.
lol... they must have done other high-scaling subjects to
even it out.

but subjects like aboriginal studies have no hope.
i look at your subjects and society doesn't really fit in to begin with.

the HSC course, ive heard, is interesting
than drop it. or fail trying. either way.
what's so good about business studies? it looks really really dry. i wasnt appealed to it, nor did i consider doing it for a second.
Hi Lauchlan and Lauchlan's other account. Can you please stop giving shitty, unexplained and uninformed "advice"?

Last edited:

Jazikins

HSC
defo me. picked agriculture. thought it would help me since a want to be a vet. i know it should but im not getting alot out of it. i think its cause of the teacher...should have done music!!!!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
What is more like commerce, Business or Eco
While I don't do either (I did choose Economics however, but there weren't enough people), from what I understand Economics is more like Commerce, but it is still very different.

sydanee14

Premium Member
HSC
I chose Business Studies and Chemistry and I really don't like them. I'm doing well in them but am just not enjoying them as much as my other subjects. I'm doing distance ed but so I am changing to Ancient History and Legal Studies next week hopefully and starting Pathways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)