The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
we bag every single draw every night.. you seriously take the WHOLE draw? thats so weird.. and you guys must have a tiny safe.. roughly how big is it? in metres/cm?
I can't believe people bagged the draws. We also took all draws up in a trolly and put them in the safe. Damn, bagging them would suck!

Misses the good old days of collecting draws halfway throughout the night and not having to worry about coins, notes, sending it all up and all that shit. :(

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
My old store used to bag up all the draws, but when you only have 6 to do it doesn't exactly take a lot of time... :p

Plus they bag express about 2 hours before closing, and then bag two large lanes and hour out of closing so in reality it's only 2 they need to bag up at closing.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
we used to cram all 20 registers into our safe + all the SCO related money (spare coins + the funds taken from them each night). now we bag up the registers - soo much more space in safe and it saves not loading them into/out of trolley, having to use the hoist etc... much better idea...

HSC
oh, and totally loving my 7pm finish tonight and 7am (will realistically be more like 6.30am seeing as the department looks gross) start tomorrow.
:(
i know its not as bad as what heaps of you guys do, but i'm grumpy.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
oh, and totally loving my 7pm finish tonight and 7am (will realistically be more like 6.30am seeing as the department looks gross) start tomorrow.
:(
i know its not as bad as what heaps of you guys do, but i'm grumpy.
Cheer up princess i'm in at 7am tomorrow too. :p

BSammy

HSC
Terrible.

Our front end had to cut like $400 on the weekend, I offered to be cut and have a day off (annual or sick or something)
Then our cash office girl calls in sick for tonight, so I go in for the pick up. For time owing. Whilst getting sick pay for my shift today.

Finished at 8 tonight. Start at around 6 tomorrow morning(more like 5:30 really) I'm sure I'll get some sleep after a couple of beers.

So glad I have no front end tomorrow, the grid looks horrible, 4 under at some points.

Tuesday looks awesome though. Opening supervision til the CSM comes in, then I'm on trolleys. YAY.

HSC
Work was alright tonight :)
my supervisor let me take a "10" minute break.....20 minutes later, (he's like go take 20 minutes I don't care its quiet go kick it back in the lunchroom) and atm my name badge says "Jennifer" as I lost my "Elizabeth" badge and so I decided to put the jennifer part in my pocket and my supervisor saw me and is like, "Hello Blank, can you do some stock? i'll call you back if i need you" so I did and then I hear "BLANK CAN YOU PLEASE RETURN TO THE SERVICE DESK BLANK!" i was killing myself laughing inside.

And can somebody explain to me what does it mean if your on trolleys, does it mean you go around collecting the trolleys from outside?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
And can somebody explain to me what does it mean if your on trolleys, does it mean you go around collecting the trolleys from outside?
I assume thats the case, and I assume its only in standalone stores (ie not in a shopping centre) that don't have a contracted company to collect them??

Harry778

HSC
I can't believe people bagged the draws. We also took all draws up in a trolly and put them in the safe. Damn, bagging them would suck!

Misses the good old days of collecting draws halfway throughout the night and not having to worry about coins, notes, sending it all up and all that shit. :(
Yeah we used to be able just put the actual till in a pillow case and put it in the safe..but after refurb we had to just shove it all in the change bag. Used to be so much easier..especially in the mornings.

JasRulz63

HSC
I just got offered a contract, Saturday 2-7, Sunday 8.30-1.30. Don't know whether to take it or not tho. I get shifts on Saturday and Sunday nearly all the time.

Reckon I should take it? I'm not sure how it works out leave wise etc.

bdude

HSC
Terrible.

Our front end had to cut like $400 on the weekend, I offered to be cut and have a day off (annual or sick or something)
Then our cash office girl calls in sick for tonight, so I go in for the pick up. For time owing. Whilst getting sick pay for my shift today.

Finished at 8 tonight. Start at around 6 tomorrow morning(more like 5:30 really) I'm sure I'll get some sleep after a couple of beers.

So glad I have no front end tomorrow, the grid looks horrible, 4 under at some points.

Tuesday looks awesome though. Opening supervision til the CSM comes in, then I'm on trolleys. YAY.
I'm not trying to be a troll here, but as a casual observer it really seems like Woolworths cut way too much from their front-end budgets.

HSC
I'm not trying to be a troll here, but as a casual observer it really seems like Woolworths cut way too much from their front-end budgets.
You'd be right.
Cut too much from ALL budgets full stop. Except stupid shit like decorating, seriously I do not think that 1 year of QFF alliance warrants 400 balloons throughout the store.

Just sayin'

Of those 400 balloons, only about 10 got up last night. Yes, I will be spending my morning blowing up balloons over stuff that actually needs to be done :angry:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I wasn't there,but according to a colleague,they all got reamed at the end of saturday,as apparently the store has been over budget for ages,but nothing has been done. All departments have to reduce hours(Frontend has to reduce over 100!) Gonna be so shit! :(

HSC
I wasn't there,but according to a colleague,they all got reamed at the end of saturday,as apparently the store has been over budget for ages,but nothing has been done. All departments have to reduce hours(Frontend has to reduce over 100!) Gonna be so shit! :(
We always go over budget around this time of year at my store

woohoo day off tomorrow :)

I am so looking forward to my one day a week at work roster :)

bdude

HSC
You'd be right.
Cut too much from ALL budgets full stop. Except stupid shit like decorating, seriously I do not think that 1 year of QFF alliance warrants 400 balloons throughout the store.

Just sayin'

Of those 400 balloons, only about 10 got up last night. Yes, I will be spending my morning blowing up balloons over stuff that actually needs to be done :angry:
We get that too, like with all the Masterchef stuff that started the other week.

But I will tell you, people are noticing the fall in budgets, I've had a few comments from customers that they've started to prefer shopping over on our side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)