I need to loose weight has anyone any excercise or diet tips? (1 Viewer)

marinajecy

HSC
I''m five foot and weigh 131 pounds. I've never been overweight before and it's really getting me down. Has anyone and diet or excercise tips to get started that can be down outside or inside and not in the gym.

jnney

lemon
HSC
are you american? lol. how tall are you?

jnney

lemon
HSC
oops. my bad, sorry , didnt see the height there.

Let me start off by saying that everybody is self conscious regarding their physical appearance - yes, even me. No matter what age you are, in the modern and developed socity, that's what it's all about. Wherever you're getting you're pressure from, it's most likely from the media. The media is promoting faces and bodies of the impossible. Everything is edited, and unreal. Their goal is to make you feel bad, and thus, have an obssession with their artist, and as a consequence ...rolls in the money !

anyway enough of my preaching.

you obviously need to stop eating junk. for me, my parents were always strict on my eating, always. my father is a health freak. although im glad it turned out this way, because i know what to eat, and what not.

so first thing's first, moderate what you eat. don't overload yourself with food every time you eat. just eat regular meals. dont eat every time you're bored. eat healthy, drink lots of water and eat SLOWLY. if you eat slowly, you get fuller faster.

secondly, dont count your calories. i see some of my friends doing that and it's ridiculous. just be aware of what to eat and what not. counting calories is just going to make you feel more self conscious and worse.

thirdly, there are plenty of different exercises out there. there's martial arts, etc etc. find one that suits you. i personally prefer martial arts and dancing. they work out the entire body. one hour a week is not exercise..it's merely a skip in your back yard.

try a few different sports, see what you like. maybe start off with two classes a week.

you could always try running around the block (not once, at least 5 times to start off with), skipping, doing cardio at home, and work at your own pace - fast enough to get you puffing.

other than that, exercising is meant to release the stressful chemicals out of your body, so stay happy and motivated. dont always be so negative on yourself and find time out attending to other activities.

jnney

lemon
HSC
in other words, it's perseverance. if you give up, that's it. if you keep going, you'll be in pain. but that pain is only temporary. after pain, is success.

i totally sound like im preaching. about education. LOL. anyways goodluck!

jnney

lemon
HSC
forgot to add. dont go on ridiculous diets like ....only eating cabbage. or something. because that slows your metabolism. just eat regular meals of healthy foods. metabolism is how fast your body breaks down food. so, when you decide to stop that diet and return to your old habits, you'll end up gaining that weight again, and perhaps even more.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
First things first. Use the metric system like normal people, it makes you sound less fat, fatty. Second, run, like all the time. You won't need to change your diet if you're running all the time. You should be running so much you don't have time to eat thus you lose weight. Now do it.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Exercise tips:
May I suggest stomach crunches?
I lost some weight just running and doing stomach crunches [because i'm too unfit to do sit ups]
Diet tips:
Stay well away from junk food and soft drink. I find this harder than the actual exercise. I can't do it, but maybe you can. Trust me, if you stay away from fattening food and exercise, that weight will go! I could have lost a lot more weight had I kept away from junk food. But yeah, try that :]

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Crunches don't do shit.

Half an hour on a treadmill at moderate intensity burns about 300-400 calories. A burger is around 500 calories. You want to lose weight, fix your diet. Find out your BMR using some online calculator and eat just below that. Eating well is way more effective than exercising in terms of losing weight. How old are you exactly? Right now, your BMR is 1400 and the rule is eat 500 below that, but I don't see how that is possible.

other than that, exercising is meant to release the stressful chemicals out of your body, so stay happy and motivated. dont always be so negative on yourself and find time out attending to other activities.
Do you work for fitness first or some shit?

Last edited:

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Exercise tips:
May I suggest stomach crunches?
I lost some weight just running and doing stomach crunches [because i'm too unfit to do sit ups]
i legit lol'ed
srsly, hahahahah

simple:
1. Cut all bad foods out of your diet, you know what they are, all processed/high calorie dense foods, start eating more greens, grains, and meat, and stick to that for at LEAST a month before you start having the occasional burger again
2. Go for a walk, 3 days a week, aim for about 30-60minutes, also consider doing 50 bodyweight squats/50 pushups everyday, if you cant do those, work towards it, try 2 walks a week, and 10 pushups
3. Use the FUCKING METRIC SYSTEM
4. Stay consistent, see how you feel after 3 months of doing this, dont waver on your diet, dont waver on your workout, this is for you and only you, dont let external factors influence you, stay focused

This may seem hard at first, but if you keep forcing yourself AT FIRST to keep on this path, it will get easier and eventually become second nature

good luck. if you stay true to yourself, youll develop self worth and with it, confidence in yourself and around people

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol how on earth did graney figure that out

jnney

lemon
HSC
Crunches don't do shit.

Half an hour on a treadmill at moderate intensity burns about 300-400 calories. A burger is around 500 calories. You want to lose weight, fix your diet. Find out your BMR using some online calculator and eat just below that. Eating well is way more effective than exercising in terms of losing weight. How old are you exactly? Right now, your BMR is 1400 and the rule is eat 500 below that, but I don't see how that is possible.

Do you work for fitness first or some shit?

no.

mojo1

HSC
If you eat lots of junk food just cut it out of your diet. My mate lost 5kg in a few weeks when he stopped eating junk and made no changes to the amount of exercise he has.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe we should be fitness motivators to each other.

I've put on a staggering 8kg :0 I was mortified. So now I'm going to try and fight a bit of that off. It's going to be hard because I've never tried to become more fit before, but I think I got away with my bad habits while I was growing.

jnney

lemon
HSC
^ agree.

Why did I get neg rep for this......):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)