Ideas for 18th party (1 Viewer)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I'm doing theatre at uni as a degree.

It's much better than phantom.
oOoOooOoo. Sounds interesting. So like... what are you doing in theatre? Like... the lighting and stuff or do you actually act?
But phantom was so epic D: the movie that is. I wanna watch the play+ read the book.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
oOoOooOoo. Sounds interesting. So like... what are you doing in theatre? Like... the lighting and stuff or do you actually act?
But phantom was so epic D: the movie that is. I wanna watch the play+ read the book.
Lighting, sound, staging, video. But also things like directing, theatre history, management and admin.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Lighting, sound, staging, video. But also things like directing, theatre history, management and admin.
Ohh. That sounds like a lot of fun.
Do you have lots of pracs where you perform plays and present them to your other uni peers?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ohh. That sounds like a lot of fun.
Do you have lots of pracs where you perform plays and present them to your other uni peers?
We do end of session plays open to the public. There's one on now actually.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What play are you guys doing?
Is it the phantom of the opera, by any chance? :p
They're not musicals. Musicals are kind of looked down on in the theatre world. Think of them as the celebrity gossip when compared to real news.

I forget what the show is called offhand. I'm not involved in this one, so I haven't been keeping track of it.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
They're not musicals. Musicals are kind of looked down on in the theatre world. Think of them as the celebrity gossip when compared to real news.

I forget what the show is called offhand. I'm not involved in this one, so I haven't been keeping track of it.
Why is it looked down upon?
~The world of theatre.
The glitz and glamour of being in a theatre production D:
Does the star get their own room to prepare with a star on the door, like in the movies?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Why is it looked down upon?
Because of its contribution. It gets millions in funding, and yet doesn't do anything to progress the art form. They're a tried and tested formula, and they worked as puff pieces for the general public. It's rare that one will really challenge the audience and the conventions of the theatre. It can happen, but seldom does.

~The world of theatre.
The glitz and glamour of being in a theatre production D:
Does the star get their own room to prepare with a star on the door, like in the movies?
Nope. Everyone has the same room. It's not usual that there is a star. Most of the plays are multiple character driven, and not just focused on one character.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Hello :) I'm always here, if you need a friend?
Thanks Romeo ;D
Because of its contribution. It gets millions in funding, and yet doesn't do anything to progress the art form. They're a tried and tested formula, and they worked as puff pieces for the general public. It's rare that one will really challenge the audience and the conventions of the theatre. It can happen, but seldom does.

Nope. Everyone has the same room. It's not usual that there is a star. Most of the plays are multiple character driven, and not just focused on one character.
Hmm... interesting. I've never actually seen a play before but I imagine it would be captivating. I think my school lets us watch a shakespeare one next year though :D wait. Guys and girls share the same change room?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Thanks Romeo ;D

Hmm... interesting. I've never actually seen a play before but I imagine it would be captivating. I think my school lets us watch a shakespeare one next year though :D
You should go to the theatre. It's a good experience. Keep in mind though, the experience is total different depending on what you see. Family Fun is your typical musical. Something like Streetcar Named Desire, Miss Julie, Hamlet, The Removalists etc are your standard plays. Then you get interesting stuff like Sarah Kane, Harold Pinter, Samuel Beckett, Brecht. Finally you have the weird artistic stuff like Wooster Group, Heiner Muller, Legs on the Wall.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
You should go to the theatre. It's a good experience. Keep in mind though, the experience is total different depending on what you see. Family Fun is your typical musical. Something like Streetcar Named Desire, Miss Julie, Hamlet, The Removalists etc are your standard plays. Then you get interesting stuff like Sarah Kane, Harold Pinter, Samuel Beckett, Brecht. Finally you have the weird artistic stuff like Wooster Group, Heiner Muller, Legs on the Wall.
Im pretty sure our school is taking up to see Hamlet. Before I die, in gonna watch the merchant of Venice, Romeo and Juliet + phantom. Then I can die happy. lol.
do guys and girls share the same dressing room?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Shakespeare's not too hard to understand most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)