Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

brendroid

HSC
I once had this teacher who tried to teach religion. The entire class wanted to actually sit down and talk about it and not read out of the silly 700 page book. Teacher didn't really like that. Yay for bad religion teachers.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Kind of an absurdist. If a god did exist, he/she could not live in the world of man.

smileygirl

HSC
N/A
Athiest.

My family isn't religious, but I don't think I could believe in a God.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
Im a Christian.
I love my lord. I love my faith, and I thank God for everything he has given me.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm Catholic.. but sometimes i really do doubt the stuff

Shrewmy

HSC
Atheist.

I raise an eyebrow when I hear Catholics, Muslims, Jews and Hindu all claiming that they are the one true faith, or that their way is the correct path.

You cannot all be correct.

I also find that religion takes out any sort of mystery and wonder to the universe, there's no urge to find out, to experiment, to discover, it's already answered by saying "God(s) did it". Keep in mind that Genesis talks about God forbidding mankind from eating from the tree of Knowledge, essentially they're saying "KNOWLEDGE IS BAD. WE DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW MORE."

The Universe is much more wonderful when you accept that we know very little, and that we are no more important than the atoms we're made of. We are not 'chosen', we are not 'special' in any regard except for the fact that as far as we know, we're the only ones who are capable of even learning about the universe. Carl Sagan put it succinctly saying that we're a mote of dust, suspended in a sun beam.

I also find the Bible particularly horrifying and immoral, and I think it's rather hilarious that people ignore such large swaths of what is supposedly God's word. It's just a way for people to try and feel more important than they really are.

I get particularly infuriated at creationists and young earthers, ignoring evidence because it doesn't suit their convenience. It's incredibly short sighted for a God to make a universe so large for one specific species.

I love my lord. I love my faith, and I thank God for everything he has given me.
He sure loves the millions of people dying of preventable disease, or those dying at the hands of genocide. I also question why he designed many organisms on Earth to be so horribly flawed in every way. I struggle to imagine how a perfect God could even have emotions and be even capable of creating inherently flawed Humans.

Your God is a horribly flawed and evil God.

Last edited:

MaryBee

HSC
none, have my reasons.
although I don't discriminate what other people beliefs.

But I feel so FREEEEEEE

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Athiest. Because it seems highly improbably a God exists. And even if I am wrong, I view religion as a waste of time. Have your own set of moral codes and don't be a sheep to some church institute.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I praise the all powerful god, Atheismo

Jokes, but i am atheist. I was never raised in a religious family so when i'm confronted with all these people saying their religion is the only true faith, "bulls**t" is the first thing that comes to my mind. I also find it disturbing that the only reason people are kind to others is because of some sort of afterlife incentive rather than basic compassion. But to each his own.

RANK 1

HSC
i really dont see why ppl have the need for religion, its not like it offers anything that you cant obtain yourself unless you're a hobo and rely on your local church for food

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
146 people need to be deported

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)