• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Textbook Combination (1 Viewer)

shamimi95

HSC
Hi I was just wondering what the best combination of textbooks are for 2U.

- Cambridge
- Maths in Focus
- Fitzpatrick
- Jones & Couchman

Oh, and could I have a list of pros and cons for each textbook.

Cheers in advance.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Maths in focus and fitzpatrick.

Maths in focus is a great book to start off the basics with, even for 3u students. Or you could take couchman, same thing. Although their explanations half the time arent that great.

Aftet that, you should work in fitzpatrick to build your skills. The
exercises are great, and have more indepth than maths in focus.

I havent seen thr cambridge 2u, but you should be set with the books i mentioned.

Hope you're well. :)

Aysce

HSC
Maths in focus and fitzpatrick.

Maths in focus is a great book to start off the basics with, even for 3u students. Or you could take couchman, same thing. Although their explanations half the time arent that great.

Aftet that, you should work in fitzpatrick to build your skills. The
exercises are great, and have more indepth than maths in focus.

I havent seen thr cambridge 2u, but you should be set with the books i mentioned.

Hope you're well. :)
I check maths in focus year 11, and is it meant to be missing series and applications? I'm pretty sure series is in the year 11 syllabus :S

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I check maths in focus year 11, and is it meant to be missing series and applications? I'm pretty sure series is in the year 11 syllabus :S
The Prelim MIF book has Arithmetic Series, the HSC MIF book has Geometric Series and Applications.

Gigacube

HSC
Series is in the year 12 MiF textbook. Some textbooks swap things around e.g. Year 11 trig in MiF is in the Year 12 trig in Cambridge. Circle geometry is in the year 11 MiF but is in the year 12 Cambridge.

Aysce

HSC
Series is in the year 12 MiF textbook. Some textbooks swap things around e.g. Year 11 trig in MiF is in the Year 12 trig in Cambridge. Circle geometry is in the year 11 MiF but is in the year 12 Cambridge.
Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)