Uni Course thread (4 Viewers)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
This thread is about the uni course you want to do.

Mine is an Applied Finance with a Economic Degree

HSC
I am so confused, I don't know what I want to do in life anymore :(
I wanted to do medical science, and then changed to medicinal chemistry, and then changed to be a pilot, and then be an engineer but I don't do physics so I can't, and now i'm considering pharmacy but I here career prospects are bad for that :(

powlmao

Banned
HSC
That differs fields so much.

I originally wanted to do Law but changed to economics. Now it is going between Commerce/Economics.

I have thought about doing a Commerce degree, double majors of Economics and accounting with a Law Degree maybe

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I am so confused, I don't know what I want to do in life anymore :(
I wanted to do medical science, and then changed to medicinal chemistry, and then changed to be a pilot, and then be an engineer but I don't do physics so I can't, and now i'm considering pharmacy but I here career prospects are bad for that :(
You could always choose to do a general degree like B. Science and then either transfer to another degree or just establish your majors.

HSC
and somewhere between the period I wanted to join the airforce to be a pilot, and the period where I considered engineering, I wanted to do a commerce degree and do actuary or accounting or something like that.

I dead srs don't know what I want to do :haha:
I just know i'm not going to an art degree because me asian parents will murder my ass

powlmao

Banned
HSC
You could always choose to do a general degree like B. Science and then either transfer to another degree or just establish your majors.
how is Intermediatee Macroeconomics

(by the way you have a typo in your sig)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
and somewhere between the period I wanted to join the airforce to be a pilot, and the period where I considered engineering, I wanted to do a commerce degree and do actuary or accounting or something like that.

I dead srs don't know what I want to do :haha:
I just know i'm not going to an art degree because me asian parents will murder my ass
A person at my school is going to be a piloit, he is so in to it

jnney

lemon
HSC
Pilot sounds fun.

I want to do the following:

-MBBS
-B Science (Advanced Mathematics)
-B Traditional Chinese Medicine

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
how is Intermediatee Macroeconomics

(by the way you have a typo in your sig)
Cheers, thanks for the heads up.

I'm not too sure how Intermediate Macro is going to pan out considering I will be doing it in Semester 2 but if it is anything like Introductory Macro, I'm going to find it difficult.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Commerce (Actuarial studies)/Science (Advanced Mathematics) @ UNSW

hoping to become an actuary as a career

funnytomato

HSC
Commerce (Actuarial studies)/Science (Advanced Mathematics) @ UNSW

hoping to become an actuary as a career
it's more complicated than just finishing a degree to actually become an actuary

powlmao

Banned
HSC
To become an Actuary you need to finish the degree and external examinations from my knowleadge

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If I'm right, that UNSW commerce degree in Actuarial Studies exempts you from 2 of the 3 Institute of Actuaries exams. You still have to take a further exam to become an actual actuary.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If I'm right, that UNSW commerce degree in Actuarial Studies exempts you from 2 of the 3 Institute of Actuaries exams. You still have to take a further exam to become an actual actuary.
I believe you are right from what i know. After your degree you just need to finish a last course/exam

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
it's more complicated than just finishing a degree to actually become an actuary
yeh i no. after you finish uni u do exams in ur preferred field e.g life insurance etc. and then if you pass u become a member of the actuarial society

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to do the following:
- Pilot
- Surgeon
- Lawyer
- Cowboy
- Astronaut
- Prime Minister
- Prostitute

I can tick two of them off... Guess which two.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I assume you can tick off Cowboy Prostitute haha?

I'm not sure. Firstly, I'm not sure if I want to do a broader bachelor and then specialize in masters or do a really concentrated bachelor that's more designed for a specific job?

I know I want to do something in the area of Science/Health Sciences/Medicine, the trouble with medicine is that I'm not sure if I have the aptitude for it. Also, it's so hard with the UMAT/interviews to get into undergrad-I hear it's easier to get into grad medicine doing the GAMSAT then straight out of school! Also if I do a MBBS, it's a course that it's really had to go on uni exchange for, you most likely have to change to a MBBS/BofArts and add time to an already really length course. But then again, paying for bachelor courses is cheaper than paying for a masters hmmm....

Unis I'm really interested in are UofMelb (I'm a Kwong Lee Dow scholar, so that's also an incentive), ANU (good uni except Canberra is the boring city), UNSW and USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)