Maths Extension Study Tips (4 Viewers)

mioumiou

HSC
ohh i see yeah there are some good questions in the textbook. My teacher just prints off notes from North Shore tutor and gives them to me with the answer everytime and tells me to look at the notes and then practice using the textbook
I love this thread!! I might try some methods like making a mistake list.

I thought there's copyrights for the North Shore notes..... My maths teacher copied off one or two pages of questions from the North Shore booklet last year and she was like "Don't tell North Shore....." :devil:

imZerroo

HSC
I reckon MIF explains things really nicely.
Though I'm probably dumb, but Fitzpatrick questions to me seem really hard compared to MIF.
I've given up on the circle geometry questions from Fitzpatrick.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I do Cambridge (for a bit) and jump straight onto past HSC questions

Alkanes

HSC
If your a lazy person that likes to do things last minute, just cram in formulas and remember how to do some questions. No point in doing past papers for last minute crammers.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I reckon MIF explains things really nicely.
Though I'm probably dumb, but Fitzpatrick questions to me seem really hard compared to MIF.
I've given up on the circle geometry questions from Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick is usually a good difficulty level for HSC style questions. As my maths teacher said, "Do this [Fitzpatrick], do well in the HSC".

If your a lazy person that likes to do things last minute, just cram in formulas and remember how to do some questions. No point in doing past papers for last minute crammers.
There is still time pressure for the HSC - so it's still important to do at least one past paper to get used to the timing of questions and the like.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Fitzpatrick is usually a good difficulty level for HSC style questions. As my maths teacher said, "Do this [Fitzpatrick], do well in the HSC".

There is still time pressure for the HSC - so it's still important to do at least one past paper to get used to the timing of questions and the like.
Ive been recommended Cambridge rather than Fitzpatrick, which in your opinion for any level of Maths (2U+)
How about getting BOTH, instead of one? Or is that a bit too excessive?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I prefer Fitzpatrick's explanations and layout. Flick through both and see which one you like - they're both good anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)