English help (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Are stage directions and character dialogue considered techniques of a Drama?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on what you're trying to define. Drama has multiple definitions.

In terms of the question, I wouldn't say they are techniques so to speak. They more come under structure and form.

tambam

HSC
Yeah, definitely. Though just saying 'dialogue' and 'stage directions' wouldn't be very good techniques to use, you should probably find some other techniques, but its okay if you're just trying to pack a whole bunch of techniques in the same sentence.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, definitely. Though just saying 'dialogue' and 'stage directions' wouldn't be very good techniques to use, you should probably find some other techniques, but its okay if you're just trying to pack a whole bunch of techniques in the same sentence.
Lol no.
I just have no techniques for The Crucible so I'm struggling to put together a last minute essay on it. I've literally done nothing for it before... I'm so fucked. lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
In script for though, dialogue is not a technique. Dialogue is the form it is written in. If it wasn't written like that, it wouldn't be (post-dramaticism aside) a script.

jessxxr

HSC
i'll try help you because i'm also doing the Crucible but haven't really starting revising it yet since exam is not til next week, but googled it and just found these, they might help...

"Let either of You breathe a word, or the edge of a word, about the other things, and I will come to You in the black of some terrible night and I will bring a pointy reckoning that will shudder You...I can make You wish You had never seen the sun go down!"
Three literary techniques seem inherent in this passage: character development, external conflict, and the use of metaphor. Expand more on this.

The Crucible Writing Style:
Simple, old-fashioned-
The dialogue is the simple language of country folks, while at the same time employing old-fashioned vocabulary and grammar. The narrative asides are slightly more complex and use regular, standard, 1950s everyday language.

Critical-
The tone Miller adopts towards the subject of witch trials and witch-hunts, and towards the characters that perpetuate them, is unequivocally critical. He is sympathetic towards individual characters who are the victims, such as the Proctors or Rebecca Nurse.

Drama
The Crucible is a four-act dramatic play, produced on Broadway and later made into a film. It uses pure dialogue to convey the tension, resolution, and themes, with a few directions for action. It was intended to be performed rather than read. Though most people nowadays experience the play on the page, it really works best as a stage production.

this might also help with Abigail and her struggle to belong: http://www.essayforum.com/writing-feedback-3/short-essay-crucible-506/
this site also has a lot of free essays that you can look at to help guide you: http://www.123helpme.com/search.asp?text=crucible
gooood luck :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i'll try help you because i'm also doing the Crucible but haven't really starting revising it yet since exam is not til next week, but googled it and just found these, they might help...

"Let either of You breathe a word, or the edge of a word, about the other things, and I will come to You in the black of some terrible night and I will bring a pointy reckoning that will shudder You...I can make You wish You had never seen the sun go down!"
Three literary techniques seem inherent in this passage: character development, external conflict, and the use of metaphor. Expand more on this.

The Crucible Writing Style:
Simple, old-fashioned-
The dialogue is the simple language of country folks, while at the same time employing old-fashioned vocabulary and grammar. The narrative asides are slightly more complex and use regular, standard, 1950s everyday language.

Critical-
The tone Miller adopts towards the subject of witch trials and witch-hunts, and towards the characters that perpetuate them, is unequivocally critical. He is sympathetic towards individual characters who are the victims, such as the Proctors or Rebecca Nurse.

Drama
The Crucible is a four-act dramatic play, produced on Broadway and later made into a film. It uses pure dialogue to convey the tension, resolution, and themes, with a few directions for action. It was intended to be performed rather than read. Though most people nowadays experience the play on the page, it really works best as a stage production.

this might also help with Abigail and her struggle to belong: http://www.essayforum.com/writing-feedback-3/short-essay-crucible-506/
this site also has a lot of free essays that you can look at to help guide you: http://www.123helpme.com/search.asp?text=crucible
gooood luck :)
Lol my exam is in less than 11 hours.
Thanks. :)

anne1010

HSC
yea man. stage directions and dialogue ftw. just chuck in tone or some shit. "the dialogue in association with the tone"

Skriker

HSC
Lol no.
I just have no techniques for The Crucible so I'm struggling to put together a last minute essay on it. I've literally done nothing for it before... I'm so fucked. lol
Good luck with your trials mate :)

imZerroo

HSC
yea man. stage directions and dialogue ftw. just chuck in tone or some shit. "the dialogue in association with the tone"
I used tone twice for Rainbow's End.
IDK about The Crucible though.
I do ESL and my teacher said tone is a good technique, my other teacher last year didn't let us though.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Failed Belonging paper so bad... YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)