Do you rewrite questions from the question booklet to your writing booklet? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Does it serve as a good habit? Or is it a bad habit as you have the chance of copying incorrectly and completely getting the question wrong.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Does it serve as a good habit? Or is it a bad habit as you have the chance of copying incorrectly and completely getting the question wrong.
I do it in my exams. It just gives me some confidence and makes me get a feel of what I am dealing with.

nightweaver066

HSC
I always do this with equations, differentiation and such. Saves me the trouble of looking over at my question booklet again..

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah I do it as well, as it saves me looking back to the question. + Probably serves the marker with a clear pathway to follow.

imZerroo

HSC
i do it for maths. for physics i write down the numbers, makes it very clear as to what formula/e to use.

memo15

HSC
i usually do it for a few questions like trig or geometry so that its easier to see what im doing :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Always re-write the question, I think (at least in bits or the important info for the long-winded wordy ones). That way, if you make a transcription error - the markers can see you just copied the question wrong and didn't actually think that say, the derivative of x^5 is sx^(s-1) because you thought the 5 was an s or something.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I can't imagine that you'd have time to write down the question for every question. The original equation sure, but not the wordy ones.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Just the equation and key ideas concepts I mean. Not the entire question lmao.

Is it also recommended to write out the formula you will be using beforehand, just in case you make a slight mistake in substituting or get the formula slightly wrong due to exam pressure?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Just the equation and key ideas concepts I mean. Not the entire question lmao.

Is it also recommended to write out the formula you will be using beforehand, just in case you make a slight mistake in substituting or get the formula slightly wrong due to exam pressure?
I just write out the number bit

mangoz

HSC
Depends how familiar you are with the formulas / key points. If you're not then you should revise them but if you're in the exam then yeah write them out. Don't want to make silly mistakes now do you lol.

To the original question its usually a half half scenario where for questions like rates of change i usually write down the key info before going into the question but for simple questions like integrating an inverse equation i usually dont lol. It depends on the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)