Section III- Religious Tradition Depth Study Extended Response help!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Over the past 3 yrs the BOS have changed Section III- Religious Tradition Depth Study Extended Responses and require a more knowledgeable essay with not only info on the personality, practice and ethics to answer the question. I'm having trouble with this for two of my depth studies, Judaism and Christianity!
Does anyone know what I would include in a Christianity response e.g. would I talk about Jesus' life and ministry and then go on to talk about a personality, practice and ethic?
Or for Judaism what else could I talk about besides a personality, practice and ethics?

Any help would be appreciated! thank you!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd recommend doing Judaism for this section because Christianity is scaled down - I received 19/20 for my response and was scaled back to 17.5 or 18 I believe; I chose it over Judaism simply because I didn't know enough regarding Judaism to answer the question.
The questions of late have been complex and allow you a lot of freedom in your essay to argue your point. That said, I'd recommend finding some essays on BoS resources for the three sections.

I'd advise this:
- Know the syllabus extremely well
- Get used to dealing with a stimulus or a short passage and twisting your knowledge of the subject and what you've learnt all year to fit the question
- Practice your essay skills through English and SORI marks will improve

Good luck.

enoilgam

HSC
In the response for section III, you just do a paragraph on the three different aspects of the depth study (personality, practice and ethics) and describe how it relates to the question. I had one of those wierd questions on my trial and I kind of stuffed it up. So I decided to go with this strategy (which my teacher told me to do) and on the final exam I got 46/50 as a final mark.

HSC
In the response for section III, you just do a paragraph on the three different aspects of the depth study (personality, practice and ethics) and describe how it relates to the question. I had one of those wierd questions on my trial and I kind of stuffed it up. So I decided to go with this strategy (which my teacher told me to do) and on the final exam I got 46/50 as a final mark.
You're probably right but my SOR teachers had once mentioned not to limit our responses to only those three aspects.... maybe I'll clarify this with them...

HSC
I'd recommend doing Judaism for this section because Christianity is scaled down - I received 19/20 for my response and was scaled back to 17.5 or 18 I believe; I chose it over Judaism simply because I didn't know enough regarding Judaism to answer the question.
The questions of late have been complex and allow you a lot of freedom in your essay to argue your point. That said, I'd recommend finding some essays on BoS resources for the three sections.

I'd advise this:
- Know the syllabus extremely well
- Get used to dealing with a stimulus or a short passage and twisting your knowledge of the subject and what you've learnt all year to fit the question
- Practice your essay skills through English and SORI marks will improve

Good luck.
Yes, I actually was considering choosing Judaism over Christianity, thanks for letting me know. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)