Atar estimate please!!!! Cheers (2 Viewers)

louisvuitton

HSC
School Ranking : 321 :angryfire:

Business Services - 1/4 :cool:
Business Studies - 1/10 :smile:
Standard English - 1/44 :guitar:
General Mathematics - 2/40 - :eek2:
PDHPE - 4/18 - :newburn:

Cheers C*nts

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Kinda hard, a lot rests on how well you do in the externals since you're first in 3 subs.

awbeyona

HSC
Hi,

Do not worry about your school assessment marks (internal marks). Maximum movement is plus minus 3~4. I am not a school teacher but I have 2010 Higher School Certificate results (P. High School in Sydney NSW, Physics). School Rank is around 100~150.

For Example:

Student Number: ****53**
Name: T**** Geor*** W**n*
School Assessment: 56 <- Pretty low, third lowest mark
Moderated Assessment: 89 <- follows your external mark
External Examination Mark: 93 <- very well done
Higher School Certificate Mark: 91
Band: 6 <- Easy Band 6

I did my Higher School Certificate back in 2009 at Sydney Boys High School. My estimate was mid-85 but I end up getting 99.25. What does this mean?

Please note that it is not 50% 50%. Your Higher School Certificate is your mark. How you perform on that day is what you are going to get. Easy?

enoilgam

HSC
Hi,

Do not worry about your school assessment marks (internal marks). Maximum movement is plus minus 3~4. I am not a school teacher but I have 2010 Higher School Certificate results (P. High School in Sydney NSW, Physics). School Rank is around 100~150.

For Example:

Student Number: ****53**
Name: T**** Geor*** W**n*
School Assessment: 56 <- Pretty low, third lowest mark
Moderated Assessment: 89 <- follows your external mark
External Examination Mark: 93 <- very well done
Higher School Certificate Mark: 91
Band: 6 <- Easy Band 6

I did my Higher School Certificate back in 2009 at Sydney Boys High School. My estimate was mid-85 but I end up getting 99.25. What does this mean?

Please note that it is not 50% 50%. Your Higher School Certificate is your mark. How you perform on that day is what you are going to get. Easy?
This post is filled with errors. Firstly, your internal marks are worth 50% - your external mark does not magically become your final mark overall. Yes, your RAW internal mark is meaningless, but NOT the rank. Your internal mark is determined by your rank and your cohorts overall performance in the externals. If what your suggesting is true, why bother with school assessments? Second, your estimate was probably so low because schools are usually hopeless at ATAR estimates. Maybe I've misinterpreted what you have said, so feel free to rebut.

awbeyona

HSC
This post is filled with errors. Firstly, your internal marks are worth 50% - your external mark does not magically become your final mark overall. Yes, your RAW internal mark is meaningless, but NOT the rank. Your internal mark is determined by your rank and your cohorts overall performance in the externals. If what your suggesting is true, why bother with school assessments? Second, your estimate was probably so low because schools are usually hopeless at ATAR estimates. Maybe I've misinterpreted what you have said, so feel free to rebut.
No, what you have just said is not one hundred per cent incorrect. If you look at the "example student" (previous post), she came third last in her school assessment but I am not too sure how she got 89 and I am talking about the moerated assessment mark. This school is not even a prestigious school. On top of this, I have spoken to many secondary school teachers, tutors, director of studies, principle / headmaster and they said it is not 50% 50%. However, I heard that your school rank does matter.

Where did you complete your Higher School Certificate?

Cheers,

AWB

enoilgam

HSC
Your internal ranking - and besides, if what your saying is true, why bother with internal assessments? Also, if you look at the link from the Bored of studies, it clearly shows how internal marks are moderated.

awbeyona

HSC
Your internal ranking - and besides, if what your saying is true, why bother with internal assessments? Also, if you look at the link from the Bored of studies, it clearly shows how internal marks are moderated.
That is correct. I was bottom 10 for every sub. exp for 4U maths. at Sydney Boys (not even in top 10). I end up getting 99.25????

brachester

HSC
hmm, can you specify a little bit more on your HSC marks? because that's what matter the most, since even though you're bottom 10 in "Sydney Boys" it's still a good school with a bunch of smart kids in there so who knows if you'll be first if you have studied in some other school.

enoilgam

HSC
hmm, can you specify a little bit more on your HSC marks? because that's what matter the most, since even though you're bottom 10 in "Sydney Boys" it's still a good school with a bunch of smart kids in there so who knows if you'll be first if you have studied in some other school.
They are a troll, believe me nothing they said in their post is true. Read the link I posted.

awbeyona

HSC
They are a troll, believe me nothing they said in their post is true. Read the link I posted.
No, incorrect.

1. I am a tutor.
2. I have "2010 Higher School Ceritifcate Students Results by Course" sheet infront of me (P. High School).
3. I have spoken to many secondary school teachers, director of studies, headmasters, principles, etc.

IT IS NOT 50% 50%. HOW YOU PERFORM ON THAT DAY IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.

I have achieved around mid 60s ~ low 70s but I studied and did very well in my Higher School Certificate external examination. It magically jumped up. I ended up getting 99.25. Currently, I am studying Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).

This is my fake account. I have completed my Higher School Certificate at Sydney Boys' High School back in 2009 (Therefore am male). Where did you complete your Higher School Certificate (Not a good school)? Was your school in the top 150~200 or something? That might be why.

Your current school position (school ranking) is the most important thing. Why are we so keen to go to top selective / top private schools?

AWB

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
No, incorrect.

1. I am a tutor.
2. I have "2010 Higher School Ceritifcate Students Results by Course" sheet infront of me (P. High School).
3. I have spoken to many secondary school teachers, director of studies, headmasters, principles, etc.

IT IS NOT 50% 50%. HOW YOU PERFORM ON THAT DAY IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.

I have achieved around mid 60s ~ low 70s but I studied and did very well in my Higher School Certificate external examination. It magically jumped up. I ended up getting 99.25. Currently, I am studying Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).

This is my fake account. I have completed my Higher School Certificate at Sydney Boys' High School back in 2009 (Therefore am male). Where did you complete your Higher School Certificate (Not a good school)? Was your school in the top 150~200 or something? That might be why.

Your current school position (school ranking) is the most important thing. Why are we so keen to go to top selective / top private schools?

AWB
Pls go

louisvuitton

HSC
Well where do i start.:confused2:

This post has confused the hell out of meeee and I have no Idea what half of use are talking about. So I am taking that you say that over 85 is possible?

awbeyona

HSC
Well where do i start.:confused2:

This post has confused the hell out of meeee and I have no Idea what half of use are talking about. So I am taking that you say that over 85 is possible?
Sorry, I am saying that you can get over 95 of ATAR. Just do really well in the Higher School Certificate external examination. Your school assessment is meaningless.

AWB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)