Did having a boyfriend/girlfriend affect your ATAR/UAI ? (1 Viewer)

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
There are some old sayings that go something like:​

"Boyfriends or band 6's"
and
"Girlfriends or Go8's"​

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC
what's Go8's?

I dunno, I met my current boyfriend just before I started my trials... I lived in Sydney and he lived in Newcastle, so I spent a lot of my stuvac going up there or talking to him.
That being said, I probably would have found other means of procrastination.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Go8 = group of eight universities

USYD, UNSW, UMelb, Monash, UQ, UAdel, ANU, UWA

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Yeahhhhhhh monash.

But srsly, just wait till uni. I told myself that, but still haven't got back on da horse so....

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Friend of mine was doing really well, I thought. Then she got a boyfriend - she just scraped into her course which, I think, she would've gotten into comfortably if she hadn't had the boyfriend. She got an ATAR of about 78-ish? I thought she was headed for 85+ easily, but no.

Now both are really good friends of mine, and I have nothing against either of you two (in fact, behind your backs we all think you're a great couple) - but... to the girl in question (if you do read this): I really think that he was a distraction to your studies. But hey, you got into a course you wanted so it doesn't matter!

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I think my breakup improved my arta it makde nmy not fouc son the ratlionshiop but other procrastubation methods like HIMYM sn ftow and a half men/(O dpt' lnowp)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think my breakup improved my arta it makde nmy not fouc son the ratlionshiop but other procrastubation methods like HIMYM sn ftow and a half men/(O dpt' lnowp)
Random writing at the end. Hahah

suling

HSC
I don't think so. My boyfriend was doing the HSC at the same time but didn't take too well to not spending much time together, so it caused a few problems in our relationship but doesn't seem to have affected my ATAR. It's not like it was a casual relationship either if that makes any difference; we are now engaged. :)

amour

Female
HSC
I don't think so. My boyfriend was doing the HSC at the same time but didn't take too well to not spending much time together, so it caused a few problems in our relationship but doesn't seem to have affected my ATAR. It's not like it was a casual relationship either if that makes any difference; we are now engaged. :)
YOU ARE NOW ENGAGED? CUTE, OH MY GOD, THAT IS CUTE.
I want that. :)
PS look at that atar!

suling

HSC
YOU ARE NOW ENGAGED? CUTE, OH MY GOD, THAT IS CUTE.
I want that. :)
PS look at that atar!
Haha yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon, but i'm not complaining. Marriage will have to wait until after uni though. :)

Atar was a fluke...honestly surprised the hell out of me. My estimate was 94. :p

amour

Female
HSC
Haha yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon, but i'm not complaining. Marriage will have to wait until after uni though. :)

Atar was a fluke...honestly surprised the hell out of me. My estimate was 94. :p
How long have your guys been going out before you were engaged?
94 estimate -> 99.6 ?!?! WOW! Way to show them who's boss haha

kfnmpah

HSC
srs? You're what 19? I'd vomit if my boyfriend proposed to me now. I'm 19 and we've been together for 2 and a bit years.

EDIT: congratulations! that's very exciting. :)

suling

HSC
Our four year anniversary was in August; he proposed in May. I must admit I was a bit worried about the age thing, but considering I will be at least 23 before we even think about getting married it's all good. Plus now I have a pretty ring. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)