Banned
HSC
i want to cut myself..

maths: 96%(2U). 72%(ext 1)
physics: 70%
chem: 57%
business: 71%
You did heaps well

I fear for business. I hear my teacher is annoyed that the marks were bad :( I believe I may of messed up the extended response ( but it was one of thoses stupid questions which asked you to critically anaylse a business and it issues surrounding it and such )

I will get my economics one back tomorrow, I am hoping for a 90% (IND)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So far:
Adv English=96% (So stoked! Can't wait to find out my final rank because it'll be first or second :D)
Ext English= 88% (but I know my overall final prelim rank for that, equal 1st with 95% yay)
Maths= 69% (ehhhh a lot of people failed but still bad, didn't actually get physical test back) Considering a tutor for math and maybe chem lol
Chem= 70% (So sad, I lost most marks from silly stupid things!)
Bio=83% (I'm okay with this, but I thought I did better than that, haven't physically seen it though. Also my first bio mark under 90%!)

Haven't gotten back Eco or Modern(which is really concerning because I thought I did slightly better in math/chem and the worst in eco and if I really did....). But if so, it'll just cement my decision to drop it. Dropping maths would be lovely except may need it for uni. See if I get a similar percentage in eco, they scale similarily in the HSC and I put 100x more work into maths. So I have more natural ability in eco. But I actually don't mind maths, just wish I was better at it!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
So far:
Adv English=96% (So stoked! Can't wait to find out my final rank because it'll be first or second :D)
Ext English= 88% (but I know my overall final prelim rank for that, equal 1st with 95% yay)
Maths= 69% (ehhhh a lot of people failed but still bad, didn't actually get physical test back) Considering a tutor for math and maybe chem lol
Chem= 70% (So sad, I lost most marks from silly stupid things!)
Bio=83% (I'm okay with this, but I thought I did better than that, haven't physically seen it though. Also my first bio mark under 90%!)

Haven't gotten back Eco or Modern(which is really concerning because I thought I did slightly better in math/chem and the worst in eco and if I really did....). But if so, it'll just cement my decision to drop it. Dropping maths would be lovely except may need it for uni. See if I get a similar percentage in eco, they scale similarily in the HSC and I put 100x more work into maths. So I have more natural ability in eco. But I actually don't mind maths, just wish I was better at it!
96% in English is heaps good!!

The IND economics paper was pretty easy in my opinion and I thought i did better in Eco than legal (because i thought i messed up legal) but I ended up getting 90% for legal so I am pumped for Eco

Very worried about Business though :S I know I won't fail but I want to rank first in it

rooster1908

HSC
Adv English: 71% (Bombed this hard. Worst English mark in a long time for me) Rank = 42/102
Math 2u: 55% (lol I'm doing general in year 12 so didn't try) Rank = 68/88
Modern History: 83% (Was surprised by this since I suck at history and am dropping it) Rank = 24/80
Economics: 91% (Very happy with this. Didn't do too well on the essay, but full marks for MC and close to full for short answers) Rank = 3/64
Business Studies: 89% (Pretty happy with this, considering I didn't do any study for business) Rank = 1/30
Music 1: 78% (Happy. Music has never been my strongest subject but I enjoy it) Rank = 2/8
SOR I: 64% (Pretty disappointed with this, especially since I'm doing SOR II in year 12. I guess it was just a lack of preparation) Rank = 43/90

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Adv English: 71% (Bombed this hard. Worst English mark in a long time for me) Rank = 42/102
Math 2u: 55% (lol I'm doing general in year 12 so didn't try) Rank = 68/88
Modern History: 83% (Was surprised by this since I suck at history and am dropping it) Rank = 24/80
Economics: 91% (Very happy with this. Didn't do too well on the essay, but full marks for MC and close to full for short answers) Rank = 3/64
Business Studies: 89% (Pretty happy with this, considering I didn't do any study for business) Rank = 1/30
Music 1: 78% (Happy. Music has never been my strongest subject but I enjoy it) Rank = 2/8
SOR I: 64% (Pretty disappointed with this, especially since I'm doing SOR II in year 12. I guess it was just a lack of preparation) Rank = 43/90
Did you do IND for economics and Business?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
^I didn't do IND for eco, it was school written I'm pretty sure. Only some subs used IND
My teachers usually make the Half yearly and buy (use IND or CSSA or whatever) for the yearlies.

I am really excited to get it back, I wrote 9 pages for the extended responses, and so far I have gotten 100% in every essay I have written for the yearlies (2 for legal, 2 IPT)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Good work guys!!

Got top ten ranks in almost all my subs. (except phys, sooooo wanna drop it :()

Even if you didn't do as well as you hoped 2012 is a new year!!!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Good work guys!!

Got top ten ranks in almost all my subs. (except phys, sooooo wanna drop it :()

Even if you didn't do as well as you hoped 2012 is a new year!!!
It is, everyone is going to go full blast!! Hopefully I will top most of my classes.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yeh, pressures on. I've started a study timetable. Hopefully should stick.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I never follow timetables :(

I work well under stress and pressure which is bad for me because the best study I do is a week before exams.
Haha mate yeh i know. Your mind works so well when pressure is applied. Otherwise i'm like cbf.

But i'm just gonna try and force myself now. Better to do heaps of work now so there's less pressure later on.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Haha mate yeh i know. Your mind works so well when pressure is applied. Otherwise i'm like cbf.

But i'm just gonna try and force myself now. Better to do heaps of work now so there's less pressure later on.
We can't do heaps now otherwise we will burn out.

HSC
Uni Grad
Art = 70%
SORII = 70%
Drama = ?
English = 36%
Japanese = 33%
Modern = 48%

Need to improve on English & Japanese.

interesting

HSC
N/A
I fear for business. I hear my teacher is annoyed that the marks were bad :( I believe I may of messed up the extended response ( but it was one of thoses stupid questions which asked you to critically anaylse a business and it issues surrounding it and such )

I will get my economics one back tomorrow, I am hoping for a 90% (IND)
did you do something on managing change effectively? :/

powlmao

Banned
HSC
did you do something on managing change effectively? :/
The extended response was something like this

Stimlus

Such and such are opening a bakery, explain advantages of successful in a paternship and critical issues in failure/success It was something like that, it was just annoying and hard to include things from the stimlus and think.

HSC
Eco indept (removed some ext resp /60): 28/60 LOLOL
English: 35/45 (disappointed, really)
MX1: Tomorrow
Japanese: lost 2 marks on listening, 1 mark each for RRA and RRB
Physics 48/75 LOLOL

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Eco indept (removed some ext resp /60): 28/60 LOLOL
English: 35/45 (disappointed, really)
MX1: Tomorrow
Japanese: lost 2 marks on listening, 1 mark each for RRA and RRB
Physics 48/75 LOLOL
What happened with Eco?? What was the extended response you did?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)