Cheating (1 Viewer)

zhiying

HSC
Lol what if its like really common and cliche plot, e.g. migrants from Asian countries, or country people moving into cities and those common ones.

chubzy

HSC
it happens

there was a time when this marker read this REALLY good and distinctive creative and gave it 15/15 and then he read an almost identical one the next day and told the senior marker about it - they told the whole marking centre to bring forward creatives that had those specific descriptions and storylines and found around 16 - it turned out they all downloaded an exemplar from this site and memorised it word for word - all got 0

another time this lady was reading a creative and was wondering why it sounded so familiar, and it turned out that it was from the same book that she was reading from at that time, which was coincidentally on her desk lol - got 0

and a more lolz one, for a 4u major work this english teacher/author was reading something which sounded awfully familiar - turned out it was from her own book. there was no references to her in the reflection statement so i'm pretty sure the student got penalised as well

although the odds are VERY slim, there still is a chance so you shouldn't risk it at all, especially if more than one person would write the same thing

zhiying

HSC
LOL those are some funny examples. Why they even memorise word for word, they probably could've got away with it otherwise if two people had similar ones.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
would you be suspected of copying if it happens to be similar to another plot?
Or does it have to be like nearly identical for you to get into trouble

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
confession: i plagiarised my entire creative in the 2010 hsc

i don't suggest u cheat, but my original was terrible and i thought it was worth it. Luckily the question also fit my story 100% lol

dd25

HSC
"All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy."

Pyrobooby

HSC

Comeeatmebro

HSC
ok just read the whole thread and I'm almost crapping my self.

Okay what about this scenario:

7 or so ppl from same cohort have these similarities in their essays: same texts, same evidence, same techniques, same explanations --> but not identical essays, + different thesis (different minds come up with different thesii) + the essays are not identical word 4 word, only similarities are evidence, techniques, related texts, and explanation of evidence.

Would that be breachin law?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
it happens

there was a time when this marker read this REALLY good and distinctive creative and gave it 15/15 and then he read an almost identical one the next day and told the senior marker about it - they told the whole marking centre to bring forward creatives that had those specific descriptions and storylines and found around 16 - it turned out they all downloaded an exemplar from this site and memorised it word for word - all got 0

another time this lady was reading a creative and was wondering why it sounded so familiar, and it turned out that it was from the same book that she was reading from at that time, which was coincidentally on her desk lol - got 0

and a more lolz one, for a 4u major work this english teacher/author was reading something which sounded awfully familiar - turned out it was from her own book. there was no references to her in the reflection statement so i'm pretty sure the student got penalised as well

although the odds are VERY slim, there still is a chance so you shouldn't risk it at all, especially if more than one person would write the same thing
what the heck you're from compass aren't you

or knox

jamesfirst

HSC

7 or so ppl from same cohort have these similarities in their essays: same texts, same evidence, same techniques, same explanations --> but not identical essays, + different thesis (different minds come up with different thesii) + the essays are not identical word 4 word, only similarities are evidence, techniques, related texts, and explanation of evidence.

okay.

now reveal ur dp

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That was from Sydney Boys 2010 Trial, wasn't it?

I heard about that - stupid kid just happened to copy the introduction of the marker's favourite book of all time.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Not really breaching the law, but yes, that's plagiarism. Doesn't matter that theses were different. You know what it looks like? In an attempt to make the essay look different, I changed the intro and conclusion, but left the rest of the essay (same text, evidence, techniques and explanation) the same. And what's worse is that it's people in your grade as well - which means your papers will be right next to each other.

Should be quite hilarious if half a cohort gets 0.

Herm1

HSC
If I used somebody's essays from last year, but took some stuff out and put some of my stuff in, reworded most of it, except a couple of sentences here and there are the same / similar, would that matter? Would i get caught?

kii

HSC
N/A
sorta the same question as above, but what if i use some of the same descriptions from a creative i got in class?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If I used somebody's essays from last year, but took some stuff out and put some of my stuff in, reworded most of it, except a couple of sentences here and there are the same / similar, would that matter? Would i get caught?
sorta the same question as above, but what if i use some of the same descriptions from a creative i got in class?
Plagiarism in both cases.

What the fuck is with you 2011 kids and cheating?

zhiying

HSC
I'm sure it happens every year lol, people using essays from the previous year. It's a sign of BOS growing :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)