2011 HSC Prediction (1 Viewer)

Dinamo

HSC
Anyone have any idea's as to what they'll ask FOR RUSSIA?

I'm guessing it's foreign policy and something to do with Lenin.

Stalinism has been asked 4 out of the past 5 years so yeah i dunno.

any ideas dudes?

Last edited:

Sculzyoner

HSC
I'm thinking foreign policy as well. I just spent yesterday extracting quotes for it ... there's a severe lack of quotes in my class textbook.

fuzzbrain

HSC
My teacher recons it will be on Lenin - war communism, NEP, Lenins death then the power struggle between Trotsky + stalin

anexasaved

HSC
They had NEP last year. War communism is an option since it was last tested in 06 (as part of the Civil War)...i bloody hope its not on the power struggle, cause id struggle with a question about something that specific :p
Usually they do a lenin and a stalin question dont they?

Skyzor

HSC
They had NEP last year. War communism is an option since it was last tested in 06 (as part of the Civil War)...i bloody hope its not on the power struggle, cause id struggle with a question about something that specific :p
Usually they do a lenin and a stalin question dont they?
Yup, it has always MOSTLY been like that.

But, what can happen is they might ask a question on the power struggle and another on Stalinism which leaves Lenin and Bolshevik consolidation of power totally out of it.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
What about USA 1919-1941 and Pacific War....anyone got some clue what they are gonna ask?

Lau93

HSC
N/A
Technically soviet foreign policy is stalin... I reckon they could do power struggle because I can't remember when it was last assessed. NEP would be good

spaceflower

HSC
I don't know if anyone is doing Germany for their national study BUT will they always ask a Wiemar Germany and a Nazi one? If they have 2 nazi germany ones I'm stuffed...

bigbirdbanana

HSC
I don't know if anyone is doing Germany for their national study BUT will they always ask a Wiemar Germany and a Nazi one? If they have 2 nazi germany ones I'm stuffed...
Yeah, but since it's split up as 1918-1933 and 1933-1939 they can still ask you about the rise of the Nazi party, so read up on that!

I'm really hoping it's a generic Weimar question, eg 'Account for the successes and failures of the Weimar Republic'!

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Yeah, but since it's split up as 1918-1933 and 1933-1939 they can still ask you about the rise of the Nazi party, so read up on that!

I'm really hoping it's a generic Weimar question, eg 'Account for the successes and failures of the Weimar Republic'!
Have to agree with both of you. They 'typically' do one and one from each section of the syllabus, but there's nothing saying that they must. Hope they be nice this year. n_n

A generic Weimar question would be such a gift! I hope you're right on the money! n_n

fakermaker

HSC
In both the CSSA and Independent exam, Germany's National study included the influence of Weimar's economic/Great depression to its failure or some shit.

I dont know if that means anything, but I'm very prepared for that question.

Versailles - Dawes - Ruhr and subsequent hyperinflation - young plan - Great Depression and subsequent transition of chancellors

So fucking easy.

zxreth

HSC
have a gut feeling that one of the questions will be on to what extent was Nazi Germany a totalitarian state, or something along those lines

slurpzz1

HSC
Foreign policy is a favourite to be in the exam and my history teacher is really good at predicting exams.. she is usually right about them and she said that foreign policy is very possible..
They always have stalin as one option.. but i think it will have something to do with the bolshevik consolidation of power.. or stalin 5Y plan....

zxreth

HSC
Foreign policy is a favourite to be in the exam and my history teacher is really good at predicting exams.. she is usually right about them and she said that foreign policy is very possible..
They always have stalin as one option.. but i think it will have something to do with the bolshevik consolidation of power.. or stalin 5Y plan....
is this in relation to Germany or Russia? :S

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
have a gut feeling that one of the questions will be on to what extent was Nazi Germany a totalitarian state, or something along those lines
If you're right I'm going to go give my teacher the biggest hug ever. She had us do a practice response for that question during the last week of school. n_n
All the things they could ask, scare my socks off! D: D:

enoilgam

HSC
For Germany this year I reakon for Weimar they could asking something related to Versailles and WW1, like "To what extent was Germany's defeat in WW1 (or the treaty of Versailles) responsible for the fall of the Weimar government." Or they could ask "To what extent did the Great depression contribute to the downfall of Weimar democracy". I reakon for Nazi Germany they could ask something about social life maybe or racial policy.

HSC
N/A
I reakon for Nazi Germany they could ask something about social life maybe or racial policy.
Definitely agree, though how would you go about paragraphing a racial policy one? I think i know the content but it'd just end up like a timeline

enoilgam

HSC
Definitely agree, though how would you go about paragraphing a racial policy one? I think i know the content but it'd just end up like a timeline
It depends on the question, I reakon it would probably be "analyse the impact of Nazi racial policy on German society" In that case I would use R. Ovary's approach to structure the essay i.e.

Vilification – Use of propaganda to vilify the Jewish/other undesirables people, which would lead to their ostracization from German society

Discrimination – Enacting laws the deprive Jews/undesirables of their rights

Separation – Segregating Jews/undesirables from other Germans and moving them to concentration camps

In each paragraph I would analyse how they had an impact on those people. There are probably better approaches but thats what I would go with.

HSC
N/A
That's a nice approach, Overy always delivers the goods haha.

To add to the list, possibly an early years question? I don't think they've ever gone down that path, "how did the Weimar government deal with early threats", although it might be a little specific considering they usually span 1918-33 or 1933-39.

enoilgam

HSC
That's a nice approach, Overy always delivers the goods haha.

To add to the list, possibly an early years question? I don't think they've ever gone down that path, "how did the Weimar government deal with early threats", although it might be a little specific considering they usually span 1918-33 or 1933-39.
I think that would be too descriptive, because the question needs to get you to analyse.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)