lol at my Essay. What mark ? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Paragraph 1:

- To Romulus, the Australian environment becomes a desolate place; however, this sense of barrenness is reinterpreted as a sublime serenity that results from the developing relationship between the father and son.

Paragraph 2:

- Gaitas' migration to Australia had a distressing effect; however, Raimond establishes a natural link with the Australian environment. Romulus; however, yearns for his European society and cannot create this link between the Australian environment.

Paragraph 3:

- Christine's infidelity ruins the marriage and jeopardies Romulus' sense of belonging to Australia. In response to Christine's infidelity, Romulus decides to turn to his son for moral consolation and to regain his sense of comfort in the Australian environment.

lockedbox

HSC
um, is this sumary or is this all that you wrote? what was your related? did you use quotes to show techniques and themes? Ya can't ask for a mark unless you give us the full picture.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Somewhere between 1-20. Definitely.

That's like me going: 'Hey, I'm doing Phys Chem Maths and English. Guestimate my ATAR'.

jamesfirst

HSC
um, is this sumary or is this all that you wrote? what was your related? did you use quotes to show techniques and themes? Ya can't ask for a mark unless you give us the full picture.
Summary ofcourse...

My related text was Let me in and I only talked about 'place' and how individual's perception of belonging/not belonging is affected by it.

I wrote about 1000 words

Quotes for every explanation and it is pretty in-depth because it was a prepared response. But it fit nicely imo

smik11

HSC
Paragraph 1:

- To Romulus, the Australian environment becomes a desolate place; however, this sense of barrenness is reinterpreted as a sublime serenity that results from the developing relationship between the father and son.

Paragraph 2:

- Gaitas' migration to Australia had a distressing effect; however, Raimond establishes a natural link with the Australian environment. Romulus; however, yearns for his European society and cannot create this link between the Australian environment.

Paragraph 3:

- Christine's infidelity ruins the marriage and jeopardies Romulus' sense of belonging to Australia. In response to Christine's infidelity, Romulus decides to turn to his son for moral consolation and to regain his sense of comfort in the Australian environment.

I wrote similar things to you

1. Romulus still has connections to Europe - so his sense of connection to place transcends the physical.

2. How Romulus' and Raimond's perceptions of the landscape contrast

3. How Christine doesnt feel a sense of belonging to Frogmore and this affects her relationship with her son.

And my related was an Abo painting :)

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Paragraph 1:

Paragraph 2:

Paragraph 3:

I did exactly this, but for your paragraph 3 i spoke about how places transcend the physical and spoke about a mental place within our relationship and Christine cannot belong due to her disconnection with her place within the family whereas Romulus and Raimond are enriched within a strong place in their relationships and family.

I'm hoping that will count as the word "places" is pretty broad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)