Italian Beginners? (1 Viewer)

Allykay

HSC
N/A
i thought it was pretty decent. Listening was easy, i was annoyed at the responding part, but it wasn't too hard. The writing was good too. :) How did you find it ?

ReneeApple

HSC
i thought it was pretty decent. Listening was easy, i was annoyed at the responding part, but it wasn't too hard. The writing was good too. :) How did you find it ?
I thought it was great! It was much easier than I was expecting it to be. Listening has always been my weakest point and I found that it was very straightforward. Probably a few things that I missed here and there, but the only one really coming to mind is the one where the girl wanted to leave school. I got a little bit lost in the middle there.

The writing was wonderful as well, though I know I definitely made one mistake. I forgot how to say I joined a team, so I dictionaried the word join and used the totally wrong one. It was one of those OH RIGHT moments as soon as I got out of the exam. :mad: So I've probably lost a mark there. But overall I thought it was great, especially the party writing question!

Allykay

HSC
N/A
haha i always seem to do the opposite writing question that everyone else does. I did the excursion one, i went on a trip to Italy :D haha writing is always my weak point, but i actually think i went really well. Listening is my strong point, so i think i got them all right, none of them confused me. Oh yea the girl leaving school, i don't think the question was all to straight forward. But i can't believe they put in 5 reading and responding questions...they were all pretty long too, but do-able.
How do you think you went in orals ages ago ? btw you reckon you'll get band 6 for Italian ?

ReneeApple

HSC
I do Italian by distance, and we go in and have a lesson once a term. The teacher that we do writing with always goes over a writing task in the past tense and imperfetto. And he always talks about a party, where someone is kissing someone else. (I really don't know). But the part seemed like the obvious choice, I had a bit of a dance when I saw the question!

The reading tasks were pretty long! I found the last one easy enough, but the very last question was too vague. I had about 50 minutes left so I just sat there and wrote out everything she could possibly have been happy about, so I went way over the lines, but I didn't want to miss out on marks because I wasn't writing what they were looking for. I don't think they really thought over that one.

I think my orals went really well, again there's a few mistakes I know happened but I'm praying won't have much bearing on my marks. How did you go?

And I think I might get a band 6, my teacher thinks I will. I really hope so. I don't know what the usual cut off is though. What about you?

Allykay

HSC
N/A
lol nice. Yea the last question was rather vague i went over the lines too, trying to fit anything she could be happy about, which seemed to be everything

Yea i think my orals went pretty well, the questions were okay, the last few were hard, and the last one she was testing what i could come up with on the spot. But i think i did fine :)

My teacher also thinks i can get a band 6, i wasn't so sure, but after the test, i really hope i get one. But our teacher always compares us to last years band 6 student, who got a 95... lol i'm not going to get that..
I'm really happy the test is over ! :D And i'm proud i remembered to use all the tenses in the writing tasks :)

So we'll see how it goes. Good luck with the rest of your exams :)

igootuwantboi

HSC
this will sound like a really dumb question but what was the question about the girl wanting to leave school? was it in listening? either i completely misunderstood or i can't remember :S i have a notoriously bad memory after an exam so hopefully thats it.

oh and overall i thought the exam was GREATTT listening was alot easier than i expected.

ReneeApple

HSC
this will sound like a really dumb question but what was the question about the girl wanting to leave school? was it in listening? either i completely misunderstood or i can't remember :S i have a notoriously bad memory after an exam so hopefully thats it.
It was the one where the uncle was giving advice to the girl and she was thinking about dropping out because she wasn't doing too well!

thelighthorse

HSC
Wow, I'm interested that you found the listening easy! I must say, I found it quite challenging - the hardest of all the sections. The tape went very quickly, much quicker than I'm used to, and I just wasn't able to catch the details! Hopefully it doesn't affect my marks too much. Congratulations to everyone on finishing Italian! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)