General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

E

Effekt

In the ellipse tank question... didn't the question say in brackets (1m^3 = 1L)? Or did I misread it.. I know for sure that 1m^3 = 1kL But I wrote 10 000 for the volume anyways without thinking because of what they wrote in the brackets!! Also, were you supposed to convert it to cm first and then work out the length, or work it out in metres then convert it?
The brackets said (1m3 = 1000 L) If you found the volume of the tank that is in m3 i assume.

Skriker

HSC
Would someone please post their multiple choice!!

E

Effekt

few got the same, wasnt sure if i was right or not haha, did you say it was incorrect as they will both be defective at the same time since they have the same z score?
All you had to do was make an evaluation, so the statement was incorrect is all you had to say assuming you provided the calculations to prove it.

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
few got the same, wasnt sure if i was right or not haha, did you say it was incorrect as they will both be defective at the same time since they have the same z score?
yep, pretty much.

smartalec

HSC
7 - B almost certain
10 - can't remember but you had to use the compound interest formula.
12 - A
15 - B (I think it was a trick question, correct me if im wrong!)
18 - Either A or B I couldn't decide so I chose one but i dont remember lol.

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
I got D as well. My friend explained it and I'm pretty sure its write (I guessed D :p)
-Scale Diagram thingo = wtf.
-Area chart = I HOPE EVERYONE DIDNT GET TRICKED! (you ahd to ADD the 60,000 etc!)
-Pretty sure I got the spherical geo q's in the paper wrong haha whoops.
-and oops. Back page, didn't notice it was a negative slope :/
For the scale diagram i assume u mean the windows lenght, i just measured it with a ruler but i forgot wat my anser was. I think 1mm (ruler) = 100mm on the sheet.

peanut09

HSC
oohhh shit ! i did the area chart thing wrong!
i was contemplating on whether or not to add the 60 000 but it looked too large compared to the others
so i just drew a line from 60 000 :( WAHHH

Skriker

HSC
Would someone please post their multiple choice!!
What did you guys get for multi choice q21 and 22? also Q23 b (ii) about the stick figure how many sticks would be required for figure 100? I got like 302 sticks or something ;S what did you guys end up getting?

mib

HSC
Question 24: C III....

ummm how the heck did you find the bearing of A from C.......

What was the answer???

E

Effekt

7 - B almost certain
10 - can't remember but you had to use the compound interest formula.
12 - A
15 - B (I think it was a trick question, correct me if im wrong!)
18 - Either A or B I couldn't decide so I chose one but i dont remember lol.
This is pretty much what i have except for 7 i put C negatively skewed because the mean was low idk probably a bad guess

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
can anyone post what they got for Q28, cos i rushed through that one with 8minutes left. I answered everything, but not sure if they were all correct.

jononie

HSC
Question 24: C III....

ummm how the heck did you find the bearing of A from C.......

What was the answer???
Answers ranged from 159-162, depends on if you used the rounded figure from the previous question Or used the un rounded answer, either way the answer should be right

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Whoops! I thought it said that "the minimum he gets for a emergency is 4-hours double time", regardless of the length. I believe he did an emergency for 1.5hours (4-hours minimum) and 5 hours, so i did a total of 9hours at double time for emergencies. Then i added the $150 and the $894. I think i got D for that question then.
urs is right

it was worded pathetically

answer is D

engie_benji

HSC
ok so for the one where tails has been tossed 9 times, what it the probablity of it being thrown a tenth toss, did you all put B (1/2). Because i think thats the answer. Its different than them saying what is the probability of throwing tails 10 times in a row. (which is 1/2^10). Because that throw itself solely has a probablility of 1/2. Do you all agree?

miss_forgettful

HSC
Yes, and also because they said unbiased, so any throw would have a 1/2 chance of getting a head or tails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)