Is electromagnetic radiation detrimental to my health? (2 Viewers)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
The wireless waves that come from wireless routers etc, do they effect my health in any way? E.g. cause cancer or lack of concentration? I know it hasn't been proven yet, but there have been some accusations made, some believe it and some don't.

What's your pick? Should I be running cable through out my house or just go wireless? Even though the router emit what is somewhat low and not harming EMR. But this is the same issue of smokers. 30 yrs ago, they said smoking wasn't bad, now look at it IT'S BAD.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I would run cable to be safe.
I have 1 cable running to my PS3 atm, but my laptop runs through wi-fi, since I don't have another long enough cable for my laptop, and It is quiet messy storing cables on the floor of my room etc, serve as trip hazards. btw T.Vs, Radios and satellites are continuously sending waves through the atmosphere and around us, so We got no choice anyways lol, just our wireless routers are much closer to use at home and we spend a lot of time at home.

cheese_cheese

HSC
I have 1 cable running to my PS3 atm, but my laptop runs through wi-fi, since I don't have another long enough cable for my laptop, and It is quiet messy storing cables on the floor of my room etc, serve as trip hazards. btw T.Vs, Radios and satellites are continuously sending waves through the atmosphere and around us, so We got no choice anyways lol, just our wireless routers are much closer to use at home and we spend a lot of time at home.
Faraday cage. It is pretty easy and cheap to do yourself.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Visible light (also EM radiation) has a higher frequency than all the waves mentioned previously.

boris

Banned
HSC
No it is safe
No study has found an increased risk of cancer from this
Latest study on mobile phones also found no increased risk of cancer due to mobiles either

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
The main reason people are scared of this crap is because the media jumps on any unsubstantiated study and touts it as fact to the public, as above.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Interesting...Indeed.
They say radio waves also decreases sperm production and can render males infertile :/
No.

That said, if you stand right in front of a mobile cell tower antenna, then the microwaves will heat you. The heat will give you temporary sterility.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)