General Thoughts: PDHPE (1 Viewer)

samlou94

HSC
Oh DAMN! For the climate question I mentioned the entire environmental dot point. Temperature, climate, guild lines for fluid intake and acclimatization. Will I get over 6 for it? I used relevant example for all of them and tied it back into climate.
You should, because my PE teacher says that they don't deduct marks for writing the wrong things, instead they just disregard the irrelevant information. So as long as you wrote about all the climatic conditions (temperature, rain, wind, altitude, pollution, humidity) you will get the marks for them. :)

michaeljennings

HSC
dude.. 14 booklets definitely does NOT mean they're going to get first in state. they most likely just rambled on about crap that was irrelevent or they just take 1 page to write about something that could only take 2 sentences. As for people using up 4 pages for the ottawa charter question, the board of studies provides 1 page for your response because if you were a decent student, you would be able to write a decent response within that page. just saying...
give yomammasfatass a break man..hes been through some really tough stuff recently. It isnt fair to single him out like that.

dean94

HSC
hoping for 90+
assessment is 91
Coming 2/25

wbu mannnn?
wow so close to me. I'm 2/24 and my assessment is 92
I really want 98-100% tbh haha I'm heaps upset with my rank and assessment because I was on 97 for prelim and first in the year :/ Some bitch sneakily stole my spot.
I'm placing all hope on getting state rank with my teacher cos she's absolutely amazing and has had multiple students gets top in the state.

dean94

HSC
what the heckkk where did you guys learn about 'hypoxia chamber"? what textbook do you guys use
We get booklets for each topic in class, fill them out in the lessons and I guess it was just an example there for us? We never use the textbooks (as all the information in our class booklets are already condensed version, eliminating all of the excess and irrelevant info). So yeah, I did use the textbook last night, but to grab impressive info like "Parathyroid gland controlling the amount of calcium in the bones" etc etc. cos I expected shit on female athletes -___- aff.

michaeljennings

HSC
We get booklets for each topic in class, fill them out in the lessons and I guess it was just an example there for us? We never use the textbooks (as all the information in our class booklets are already condensed version, eliminating all of the excess and irrelevant info). So yeah, I did use the textbook last night, but to grab impressive info like "Parathyroid gland controlling the amount of calcium in the bones" etc etc. cos I expected shit on female athletes -___- aff.
wow lol no wonder your school gets state ranks for pdhpe lol! well done man!

dean94

HSC
dude wtf thats insane. u must get first in the state
Nah, I write about 6-8 words per line I suppose... But what I mean is, even for the 3 markers in HPIA/FAP I required an extra booklet but may have only used one of the pages...
I write relatively quick: all of my essays for English were 1300+ (incl. Creative). I pretty much just try to attain as many marks as possible by addressing everything I can think of. So no, I don't take up 2 lines for one word like that other guy insinuated -__-" My hand freaking hurts and I was jealous when I read "Ice Massage" in that multiple choice cos I needed similar pain relief hahahaha

And nope >___> My school averages 90+ for PDH so I wont beat them either haha

dean94

HSC
wow lol no wonder your school gets state ranks for pdhpe lol! well done man!
Haha yup, well the girl who is first is on 99 for assessment I think, so I expect no less for this exam from her :) Too hard to compete in all areas with 470 students in my year -__-"
Ty, hope you did well also!

dean94

HSC
What school do you go too
St Mary's Senior High, semi-selective. They also provide summary books for Biology and Chemistry as well - school does well in those also.

Sorry, I meant 80+ is the average lol. (Some are just terrible)

Last edited:

samlou94

HSC
give yomammasfatass a break man..hes been through some really tough stuff recently. It isnt fair to single him out like that.
haven't we all? 14 booklets automatically makes me go :O especially since i didn't use any extra booklets and the most others in my school used was like 3? but i am intrigued as to how they wrote 14 booklets in like 2 hours or less.. like i really wanna know!

dannielle_93

HSC
DR.ABCD is the primary assessment tool for injuries, however, TOTAPS is the secondary assessment tool, and the most commonly used in a sporting context :) That throws people abit.
I thought the marks allocated to the question were abit shit. For the options, there was so much you could write, but it was only worth 3 marks.
Overall, a fair test. It's what I expected, nothing that hard really.

ALSO; Anyone notice question 1 of the multiple choice ? they gave you the answer in the short response.
how did they give answer in short response?

dexter_martinez

HSC
Im going to fail HSC after this test. What were board of studies thinking?
Whenever i do a past paper i usually get 94-96/100
after today i think im only going to get 89-91/100
FML

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
^ to dexter_martinez
ay bro dont worry if all else fails you can just go to UNSW or UTS!
im in the same boat as you <3 (no homo)

usually get high 90's but i reckon i got high 80's/low 90's after today fuck you board of studies!

MadGold777

HSC
Wasn't to confident with some area's (like Ottawa, subjective and objective measures, and skin & breast cancer); talked alot of shit as examples,
expecting 75/100 give or take.
But i may suprise myself and go better as i managed to hit most syllabus points and write quite a bit for each (except for strength training had a little mix-up there with improving performance although should still get 2 marks for it) :D

But we'll see what happens :)

Can't wait till i get the results.....

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Im so devo that everyone in my cohort got at least 18 for multiple choice and I only got 17. And i wrote anaerobic training for the weightlifter instead of strength training. Today wasnt my day unfortunately =/

kate roberts

HSC
N/A
hey guys, does anyone know the answers to question 8 and 9 for multiple choice?

standardenglish

HSC
for the ottawa charter question did u have to use a specific initiative? or just health promotion initiatives in general?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)