Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

wallabies112

HSC
N/A
Yeah 8 is definitely not D, Its either A or C but A makes more sense
i wrote d because with a it said mortality but it said a rapid decline from 1950's and it was only just under a platue it didnt drop off until the 1970's. but then again could be wrong

michaeljennings

HSC
i wrote d because with a it said mortality but it said a rapid decline from 1950's and it was only just under a platue it didnt drop off until the 1970's. but then again could be wrong
D talked about prevalence though. Just because deaths have gone down doesnt mean prevalence is going down. With better technology such as pre-screening more and more new cases are being found but this early intervention allows the health care system to reduce the amount of deaths. Therefore you can only really pick an option that is related to death. And initiatives implemented in the 1950s dont necessarily start straight away. It takes time to address behavioural change especially for CVD i meant who wouldnt wanna eat kfc and maccas all day

o_0

HSC
... Initiatives prior to 1970s could mean 1969 or 1960 or 1950 for all you know. So why would there have to be significant reductions before 1970? Also initiatives don't automatically result in a decrease in mortality. Initiatives to eradicate smallpox started in early 1800s reductions weren't seen for a while. Also by your logic there should have been significant reductions in deaths in 1950. What you're saying is because mortality started falling in the 1970's there had to be initiatives beginning in the 1970's. By that logic the answer couldn't possibly be one that says education in 1950 otherwise there would have had to be significant reductions in 1950, no? Let's also not forget D talks about prevalence while the graph is mortality.
It was a trick question. read the options

D does not mention 'significant reductions'. The reason why D is the best answer is because education programs serve to erradicate unhealthy lifestyle choices/behaviours, and this does not call for an immediate reduction in prevalence rates for CVD

thus, as time passes, the true impact of these changes start to show

o_0

HSC
D talked about prevalence though. Just because deaths have gone down doesnt mean prevalence is going down. With better technology such as pre-screening more and more new cases are being found but this early intervention allows the health care system to reduce the amount of deaths. Therefore you can only really pick an option that is related to death. And initiatives implemented in the 1950s dont necessarily start straight away. It takes time to address behavioural change especially for CVD i meant who wouldnt wanna eat kfc and maccas all day
No. but conversely, a prevalence in deaths directly impacts number of deaths per 100000 population.

look i see why some of you are so persistent on A, and im not trying to argue, im trying to explain why in the light of this question, D is actually the better answer. Everything that is mentioned in D is directly related to the graph, however, A tends to be more ambivalent and assumptuous BUT A isn't wrong. It's just that the question asked for the most correct in accordance to the graph shown.

The teachers ive consulted have had a closer look and agree with me, so i dont have any doubt about it

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
No. but conversely, a prevalence in deaths directly impacts number of deaths per 100000 population.

look i see why some of you are so persistent on A, and im not trying to argue, im trying to explain why in the light of this question, D is actually the better answer. Everything that is mentioned in D is directly related to the graph, however, A tends to be more ambivalent and assumptuous BUT A isn't wrong. It's just that the question asked for the most correct in accordance to the graph shown.

The teachers ive consulted have had a closer look and agree with me, so i dont have any doubt about it
lolwut? a prevalence of deaths is exactly the same as the number of deaths. And the teachers at our school say the answer is A so we cant really say "because a teacher said its right it must be right"

o_0

HSC
prevalence of cvd i mean

well i suppose you have some support,
but im convinced with the two teachers ive asked, one being an ex-senior head marker

o_0

HSC
mm yeah who knows. How do you rkn you went overall?
disappoint unfortunately :(

took a really funky approach towards some of the questions, like personal/prescribed measurements...
the question asked to "justify the coaches use", really vague questions this year i think

michaeljennings

HSC
disappoint unfortunately :(

took a really funky approach towards some of the questions, like personal/prescribed measurements...
the question asked to "justify the coaches use", really vague questions this year i think
yeahh i misread a few questions like the determinants of breast cancer and lung cancer =/ I thought they were asking for risk factors and it was out of 7 so theres a few marks gone there =/

fatz123

HSC
i agreee, its not because the teachers saidits right it actually is, its actually up to the bored of studies who try and confuse every one of us.

imthebest07

HSC
No idea if mine are right I think i may have got a few wrong. here are my answers
1. B
2. C
3. C
4. B
5. D
6. A
7. A
8. A (think im wrong)
9. C
10. A (guessed)
11. C
12. B (didnt know what neural was aha)
13.D
14. A
15. B
16. C
17. D
18.B
19. C
20.C

let me know what you guys think :)
your a massive gimp 17 is A, school sporting team promised lunch is only external champ, where as A is both positive and extrinsic

you obviously are shit at pdhpe

dannielle_93

HSC
your a massive gimp 17 is A, school sporting team promised lunch is only external champ, where as A is both positive and extrinsic

you obviously are shit at pdhpe

oh im a gimp am i ?? pretty sure 17 is D. so dont try start shit with me saying im shit at pdhpe..
i think you may need help judging by your name "im the best" you think your pretty impressive..

extrinsic is external motivation in A its an "athlete giving themself a break" in comparison to the extrinsic use of the school giving free lunch.

michaeljennings

HSC
oh im a gimp am i ?? pretty sure 17 is D. so dont try start shit with me saying im shit at pdhpe..
i think you may need help judging by your name "im the best" you think your pretty impressive..

extrinsic is external motivation in A its an "athlete giving themself a break" in comparison to the extrinsic use of the school giving free lunch.
Lol dont pay attention too him obviously hes retarded

dannielle_93

HSC
Lol dont pay attention too him obviously hes retarded
haha yeah i figured that i saw some stuff he said on other posts :p
its ok i'm sure he only needs a band 1 to get into the industry he wants which i saw was childcare, so best of luck to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)