General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
onedirection is definitely right, it was out of the following options. not the highest. you guys need to learn how to read =P
^^^

It said out of the following which had the highest percentage according to the table.

Lina3

HSC
I triple checked and pretty sure it didn't say 'out of the following'....doesn't matter I did Italy since that was the highest of the options

queenbee13

HSC
N/A
history was easy-ish... although my extended response was very unorganised and messy coz i kept forgetting and remembering stuff at the last minute.... and i had to write in size 6 font.... sigh they dont give enough space for the extended response i swear

geo was like mostly BS... and for the UN question i also talked about peacekeeping :p

zombies

HSC
history was easy-ish... although my extended response was very unorganised and messy coz i kept forgetting and remembering stuff at the last minute.... and i had to write in size 6 font.... sigh they dont give enough space for the extended response i swear

geo was like mostly BS... and for the UN question i also talked about peacekeeping :p
couldn't you get extra paper? wow is like my school the only one that gives out spare booklets or something? lolol

premskies

HSC
couldn't you get extra paper? wow is like my school the only one that gives out spare booklets or something? lolol
lol my school does too.. i thought every school should be like that? if it weren't for the extra booklets, every writing task/long response question i've done this SC would be messed up :L

NoProblem13

HSC
Didn't study but found it relatively ok. Multiple choice was easy, and I bsed my way through the extended responses. I kinda surprised myself with how much I knew on the history communist question though. Would be happy with a mark in the 70s.. I think I did well enough for that.
I think I would have done the same as you, and When I was writing the Communist question I was like OMG I know sooo much haha!

qianjixin

HSC
Everyone in my school did peacekeeping for the UN question. Did anyone else here do anything else?

NoProblem13

HSC
Everyone in my school did peacekeeping for the UN question. Did anyone else here do anything else?
I pretty much talked about how Australia helps with the peacekeeping and what Countries are involved with the UN because I couldn't remeber anything else about them haha!

NoProblem13

HSC
History was Okay im not sure how I will end up going and Geo well Im a bit the same....They were my worst two exams! :( I think it was because it was the end of the day and I was EXTREMLY hungry, and the supervisers were all eating and stuff ! :(

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Loved it!, probably one of the best exams i've done for history in a while
although i felt like i had my blushes been saved that the UN question was a short one, i knew somethings but surely not enough to fill out and ER. hoping for a 45 out of 50 at least. :eek:

What things/policies did you guys mention for the extended response?

+++++++, time to bludgeee for the rest of the year :D:D:D

I wrote that Australia responded both internally and externally. Internally through Communist Party Dissolution Bill and Referendum and Petrov Affair, and externally based on principle of Forward Defence, through involvement in wars and participation in ANZUS and SEATO

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I wrote that Australia responded both internally and externally. Internally through Communist Party Dissolution Bill and Referendum and Petrov Affair, and externally based on principle of Forward Defence, through involvement in wars and participation in ANZUS and SEATO
Thankgod i mentioned the petrov affair, it took up about half a page.
Geography on the otherhand ..

framed

HSC
I did peacekeeping too, and I don't think I did it particularly well. After the exam I realised I probably could have done aid a whole lot better :mad2:. What did you write about peacekeeping?

zombies

HSC
lol my school does too.. i thought every school should be like that? if it weren't for the extra booklets, every writing task/long response question i've done this SC would be messed up :L
I think it was some people in the english thread yesterday that were talking about how they weren't allowed extra paper :s And it was their supervisors that were saying that which kinda sucks.

And I wrote about peacekeeping.. because that sounded vaguely familiar. The UN was the last thing we studied in History, and it was just like this long worksheet which I didn't do any of.. so I didn't know anything lol.

I think I would have done the same as you, and When I was writing the Communist question I was like OMG I know sooo much haha!
Yeah I knew the most about Australia's response to communism cos that was in one of our history exams and it was the only one I ever studied for.. haha

Last edited:
HSC
Thankgod i mentioned the petrov affair, it took up about half a page.
Geography on the otherhand ..
Damn, I remembered the ANZUS and SEATO during the reading time but I don't think I wrote about it!!! I am sooo stupid!

Reading these forums is really depressing :( I keep finding out that I got questions wrong which I thought were right :(

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I swear I am the only person in the state who studied and cares about geography.

Guanine

HSC
My thoughts on the exam:
History
Section 2
Entertainment effects- I thought this was a fairly general question that most people could have guessed
I wrote about television and it's effects of social interaction, standards and health etc.
Australia's involvement with the U.N.- I found this question to be the best of both papers many would have found it difficult but I talked about UNESCO, how we're a main contributor, own office in paris, research about doping in sport, memory of the world, tsunami early warnign system
Choose Migrants or Women- We did migrants, so I choose Multicultarlism which is not my strong point.
Communist Response- Easy question I mentionted, Communist party dissoloution bill, referendum, petrov, royal commission, foward defence, domino theory, korea, malya, vietnam, conscription

Geography
Extended Response
Age structute in relation to urban planning many would have struggled with this the wording was unusual I wrote about ageing population and need for more infrastructure, accessible citites.
Advantages linkMany would have struggled with only advantages I did Aid and I wrote about it stablising the region, promoting Australia as a global citizen, increasing trade opportunities, stimulation of our economy due to Aust. businesses providing services e.g. Indonesia.
Response to a challenge this question was my favourite from the geography paper, I wrote about reconcilliation and said we should make a treaty, have reserved spots in parliament, educate the public more, compensate the stolen generation and adopt a less paternalistic approach
Response to a issue this is I believe a very left of field question and my geography teacher agreed it was very vague and probably more worthy of a 5 marker.
However, I didn't go too bad all the information needed was in my writing by it didn't flow (probably got a 11, 12 or 13)

Overall a fair test with easy multiple choice for history and very specific multiple choice for geograpy ( the area of the lake questionw as hard considereing the options were so close together)

HSC
I swear I am the only person in the state who studied and cares about geography.
NO YOU ARE NOT!!! I love geography!!!! My teacher says I have to get 100 for it... but I don't think I will...

May I ask what did you get for the wind direction question? Also what issue did you all write about??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)