General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

HSC
The best! wee woo.
But the geography multiple choice had troll written all over it. Hoping for 16/20, history defo 18+ for mc.

Technoa

HSC
Does anyone remember the question in the History paper about technology in the post-war era? My friends said that it specifically asked for technology in the form of "entertainment", I wrote about transport. :( Can anyone confirm this?

Renegader

HSC
Does anyone remember the question in the History paper about technology in the post-war era? My friends said that it specifically asked for technology in the form of "entertainment", I wrote about transport. :( Can anyone confirm this?
It said entertainment there unfortunately. :(

They asked for ONE technological change in the post WW2 era in relation to entertainment or something similar.

leesh95

HSC
The best! wee woo.
But the geography multiple choice had troll written all over it. Hoping for 16/20, history defo 18+ for mc.
I thought the geography multiple choice was quite hard history was easy though.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
The introduction of the television is what I went with, it also said the what impact it had.

I wrote about how it enabled families to witness war first-hand and impacted directly on our involvement in the Vietnam War. I also said it exposed us to the cultures of Britain and the US, meaning we were conforming due to television.

leesh95

HSC
Yes it asked specifically for tecnology that impacted entertainment. I wrote about television.

Technoa

HSC
This sucks! Some reason I thought post-war meant after the Vietnam War as well, so I decided not to go with the television. :( Looks like I've already lost 4 or 5 marks for that question.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
The introduction of the television is what I went with, it also said the what impact it had.

I wrote about how it enabled families to witness war first-hand and impacted directly on our involvement in the Vietnam War. I also said it exposed us to the cultures of Britain and the US, meaning we were conforming due to television.
Did you guys also mention how Australia's culture was Americanised by American TV shows? Is that really an impact?
Yes.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
This sucks! Some reason I thought post-war meant after the Vietnam War as well, so I decided not to go with the television. :( Looks like I've already lost 4 or 5 marks for that question.
Transport can contribute to entertainment because people could go roadtrips, visit recreational places more regularly....

blaine

HSC
Uhhh, did not study for this... practically bsed my way through the whole thing. Slept through half the exam. If only I had listened in history/geo classes... meh

HSC
I had a small heart attack every time I turned to the next page ...
I absolutely died in that exam D:
Thank god I'm not taking Geography or History next year :D

The hardest question in my opinion was the Womens/Migrants one & Australia's Role in the UN ; I hadn't studied much on those sections :(

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
I swear I am the only person in the state who studied and cares about geography.
No way! Gotten the top marks out of the year for every assignment we've done and I was adding as much info as I could until they said pens down! Geography is my love <3 But I think I'm the only person at my school that feels that way.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
(sorry for double post) (following the format of a previous poster)

History
Section 2

Entertainment effects- I wrote about TV and how it made cinemas less popular and radio lost its audience etc.
Australia's involvement with the U.N.- Never learnt that.. Pretty much repeated the same 'Australia is a developed country and goes on peace-keeping missions in the middle east' sentence with different wording 4 times to fill the page haha.
Choose Migrants or Women- Migrants, chose multiculturalism but didn't really answer the question on how their rights have changed.
Communist Response- Easy peasy this was the topic I know the best :)!

Geography
Extended Response

Age structure in relation to urban planning - Did well in this despite only covering it in the last lesson before exams :), was so thankful it was not the ER question.
Advantages link - Did Aid, aced it ;) Wish it was worth more marks!!
Response to a challenge - Human rights, blahhhhhhh. 1-2 marks at best haha. Didn't know anything.
Response to a issue - This was awesome :)! Have gotten this question in my trials and my prelim trials so I was an old pro haha. Was a bit hesitant when it asked about governments/individuals responses to it instead of the actual geographical processes or whatever but I still managed to do it really well.

Overall
Got super lucky with both extended responses, easily my two best topics to cover. UN/Human Rights/Migrants was all a bit vague for me because we only covered them in the last few lessons.. Still managed to fill in every inch of the page with writing haha, hoping to do really well because not many other people care for these subjects and sort of bludge through them. KEEN FOR RESULTS!

PS
There was an option for us to use extra paper but nobody did because the supervisors were really mean about.

Siddy123

HSC
I am pretty sure it said neither, I looked for that but it was just like "Which of country had the greatest number of migrants in 1971?" or something along those lines...
It said"out of the following", the highesst would of been UK, if we refered to table, but since they said out of the following, yu do the highestfrom the available options, which was, I believe, Italy.

Guanine

HSC
Transport can contribute to entertainment because people could go roadtrips, visit recreational places more regularly....
I believe that Transport is another point of the syllabus so it wouldn't be considered entertainment more lifestyle

Northey7

HSC
could anyone please post the questions to both geography and history (no multiple choice). Just as I kinda forgot one of them and it has been bugging me all day! Thanks :)

jadenmaccas

HSC
OMG there was no Gough Whitlam!!!
So much for our school preparing for that :(
But I BSed my way through the UN and Migration :D
and communism was so easy :)

HSC
could anyone please post the questions to both geography and history (no multiple choice). Just as I kinda forgot one of them and it has been bugging me all day! Thanks :)
This is from memory; you can't actually have the hard copy of questions except for multi-choice.

History:

Women/Migrant change of rights;
Response to Communism in Australia in the Post-War Period;
One change in technology in Entertainment;
Australia's role in the UN

Geography:
Individual/Government Response to Geographical Issues;
Australian Links (Aid, Trade, Migration andDefense) - Choose one ;
Population Structure;
Discuss strategies to address human right issues;

Hope that helps :O :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)