Results Check / Raw Marks / Exam Responses (1 Viewer)

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Right; I got a response in return for my request for a results check.
It basically told me nothing.
It was like. We checked.

AND THEN WHAT, BOS? O_O

Seriously.

Wtf?

That was in mine too.
It seems they may have just sent out a standard message to everybody without actually telling us yes or no :/
Um, it says they 'verified' it. i.e It was correct.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If they have found an error you would have been told that e.g. you would have been told of any adjusted marks. What you asked for was a clerical re-check. What would you expect them to say if there was no mistake?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Well you did PAY so something more than "we checked" would be expected
The service is terrible.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What more could they give you?

A check is all it is. Check they did. Nothing was wrong. What more is there to say?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well you did PAY so something more than "we checked" would be expected
The service is terrible.

All you paid for was a 'clerical recheck' so what more would you expect than 'we checked'?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
What more could they give you?

A check is all it is. Check they did. Nothing was wrong. What more is there to say?
"we checked and nothing was wrong" would be expected. Just saying, "we checked" is actually quite rude and leaves the receiver hanging as to what the verdict may be. It's very unclear. That's like paying someone to do an Internet search on something for you and they reply "I searched". Bad analogy but u get the idea.

That is actually really rude the more I think about it. I never had a problem but receiving ATARs, or anything to do with them, is stressful enough. Receiving something as meaningless as "we checked" makes you feel ripped off if anything.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"we checked and nothing was wrong" would be expected. Just saying, "we checked" is actually quite rude and leaves the receiver hanging as to what the verdict may be. It's very unclear. That's like paying someone to do an Internet search on something for you and they reply "I searched". Bad analogy but u get the idea.

That is actually really rude the more I think about it. I never had a problem but receiving ATARs, or anything to do with them, is stressful enough. Receiving something as meaningless as "we checked" makes you feel ripped off if anything.

If there had been an error you would have been told that.

They gave you a list of the things they checked.

You got what you paid for - a list of things that was checked - it was. As nothing was wrong there was nothing else to say other than 'we checked' - ok they could have added 'we checked and nothing was wrong' would those extra four words have made all that much difference? No - you paid for a clerical re-check and got a clerical re-check.

M

MichelleV

Geez, I'm sorry I misread the email, but I was rather annoyed with their response at the time.

I wouldn't have applied if I didn't think something was up, and to get a response that was basically, 'yeah I looked' was not what I expected. The phrase 'There as no error found' or something similar would have made the email make a lot more sense.

ilk

HSC
N/A
HEY GUYS
i just want your guys opinion on this!!! T___T

i bought the hsc clerical check and raw marks for business studies cos the gap between my hsc exam mark and assessment mark is very different!!!
(exam mark 77 and assessment mark 93)
((APPARENTLY, MY RAW MARKS WERE 66 =.= SHOCKING....))

so i got my raw marks today, and Q23 to Q25 is written as "NON ATTEMPT"!!! except for question 24(a)
im guessing this is because, while i was doing Q24 (a), i wrote the wrong answer, and requested for an extra booklet!! i wrote my new answer for Q24(a) in the NEW BOOKLET and went back to my old booklet to write the answers to the rest of the questions!!!!

SO THEY ONLY MARKED MY EXTRA BOOKLET AND DISCARDED THE ORIGINAL BOOKLET!!!! WHERE ALL THE REST OF MY ANSWERS WERE!!!!BOTH BOOKLETS WERE GIVEN TO THE SUPERVISORS!!!
i clearly wrote (2) under the number of booklets section in the purple sheet!!!!

business studies is my strongest subject (rank 3/99) and have received top 10% for business studies for 3 semesters in a row!!! never gotten below 80 in a raw exam mark!!

DO YOU THINK THEY CAN CHANGE MY BUSINESS STUDIES MARK AND MY ATAR?? please help anyone :O
its obviously their fault!!!!

they will be closed until tuesday (or wednesday) so i couldnt ring them up! but i emailed them about the situation!

please reply here or PM me about your opinion!! thank you!!!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
HEY GUYS
i just want your guys opinion on this!!! T___T

i bought the hsc clerical check and raw marks for business studies cos the gap between my hsc exam mark and assessment mark is very different!!!
(exam mark 77 and assessment mark 93)
((APPARENTLY, MY RAW MARKS WERE 66 =.= SHOCKING....))

so i got my raw marks today, and Q23 to Q25 is written as "NON ATTEMPT"!!! except for question 24(a)
im guessing this is because, while i was doing Q24 (a), i wrote the wrong answer, and requested for an extra booklet!! i wrote my new answer for Q24(a) in the NEW BOOKLET and went back to my old booklet to write the answers to the rest of the questions!!!!

SO THEY ONLY MARKED MY EXTRA BOOKLET AND DISCARDED THE ORIGINAL BOOKLET!!!! WHERE ALL THE REST OF MY ANSWERS WERE!!!!BOTH BOOKLETS WERE GIVEN TO THE SUPERVISORS!!!
i clearly wrote (2) under the number of booklets section in the purple sheet!!!!

business studies is my strongest subject (rank 3/99) and have received top 10% for business studies for 3 semesters in a row!!! never gotten below 80 in a raw exam mark!!

DO YOU THINK THEY CAN CHANGE MY BUSINESS STUDIES MARK AND MY ATAR?? please help anyone :O
its obviously their fault!!!!

they will be closed until tuesday (or wednesday) so i couldnt ring them up! but i emailed them about the situation!

please reply here or PM me about your opinion!! thank you!!!
By the time they would get a message it would be January and if anything would occur yo would miss out on main round offers.

Board of studies = fail

ilk

HSC
N/A
I WAS PLANNING TO RING THEM NEXT TIME THEYRE OPEN...WHICH IS LIKE, WEDNESDAY SINCE THEYRE NOT OPEN WEEKENDS & PUBLIC HOLIDAY...

ademayd

HSC
^ oh wow thats horrible. however I'm sure you will be fine

D94

HSC
N/A
So we don't get information for the following which were previously accessible via FOI?:

• Total weighted marks for each examination
  • Details of 'Optional Questions' scaling in applicable papers.
  • State rank in each course.
  • Initial school assessment mark.
  • Initial moderated assessment mark.

FOI application?

khfreakau

HSC
So we don't get information for the following which were previously accessible via FOI?:

• Total weighted marks for each examination
  • Details of 'Optional Questions' scaling in applicable papers.
  • State rank in each course.
  • Initial school assessment mark.
  • Initial moderated assessment mark.

FOI application?
yea dafuq is this shit, if i apply i want these things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)