Engineering and physics (1 Viewer)

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
So, I'm thinking of doing a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Mechatronic/Chemical and Biomolecular) / Bachelor of Medical Science at USyd and I was wondering how much physics from the HSC course I would need to know to do any of these courses because I didn't do physics in year 12 because the teacher was shit (top mark was 80) but I did do it in year 11.
So, can someone just point me to the stuff that would be relevant so I can teach myself?
Thanks in advance.

boris

Banned
HSC
why would you pair civil/mechanical/mechatronicchemical engineering with medical science

why do you want to do an engineering/medical science double degree

there isnt much in hsc physics that will be of help, just study the course content in 1st sem properly and you should learn all the basics you will need

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
Because if I never get into med (which tbh is a high possibility) I want a back up and engineering seems good (you always go on about how good it is).
Thanks for the help brah.

boris

Banned
HSC
you wont get into med if you are trying to do engineering and medical science your marks will suffer greatly it will be like 30hrs a week wouldnt it

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
My knowledge is only in the chemical and biomolecular engineering fields, but all the physics you need to know for that is Newton's laws of motion. But you'll need a background in chemistry, biology and physics if you're planning on sitting the GAMSAT.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
you wont get into med if you are trying to do engineering and medical science your marks will suffer greatly it will be like 30hrs a week wouldnt it
I don't think you understand how much of my life I'm willing to give up for this.
And if it gets too difficult I'm dropping eng. So whatevs.

My knowledge is only in the chemical and biomolecular engineering fields, but all the physics you need to know for that is Newton's laws of motion. But you'll need a background in chemistry, biology and physics if you're planning on sitting the GAMSAT.
yeah, that's why I want to do eng/MedSci as well. To get more physics knowledge.
I got a band 6 in bio and 91 in the Chem exam so all should be 'right.
Also, is that course good? I might do that.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC physics is absolutely useless in uni. You'll be on par with the people that did do physics.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
why why why do you want to do an engineering/med sci double lol i dont understand
I just do.
I want to see what eng is like and see if I like it.
If I don't I'll just drop the fuck out of that shit.

Fig Newton

HSC
N/A
It is probably a little late now but you would have been better off applying to do your combined engineering/medical science degree at UTS. I understand their physics school is looking to increase its intake of new students so is more accommodating to anyone whose physics background is less than stellar. If however UTS is already on your list of unis you have applied to you may have a chance should entrance at USyd fall thru.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It is probably a little late now but you would have been better off applying to do your combined engineering/medical science degree at UTS. I understand their physics school is looking to increase its intake of new students so is more accommodating to anyone whose physics background is less than stellar. If however UTS is already on your list of unis you have applied to you may have a chance should entrance at USyd fall thru.
Lol, nah, don't wanna go to UTS.
And they can't just reject me because I don't have assumed knowledge on my transcript if I make the cut off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)