Dux of your school (1 Viewer)

animeiswild

HSC
Wow so many people from my region or so I would think. Even my sister is going to Oatley...
She's in year 7 Spi. Things can change. I shoulda ended up there and look where I am now. Life is unpredictable. :p

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Yiannis is not Eleni's twin, and yeah he skipped a year. Sorry to intrude, I go to Oatley too.
lol yep I was wondering if you go to oatley too, since you suddenly added me on bos (while reading this thread - my highly talented stalking skills)!

I am an exception! I am not a nerd! XD

Exactly, you said so yourself. If the cut off was > 95, obviously most people would have ATARs in the high 90s! =)
LIES! :p

but yeah true, I should try to meet more diverse range of people...

animeiswild

HSC
Really o.0
Eleni always say they're twins :/

Wow, meeting so many oatley related people tonight :)
Haha, I really wanted to go Oatley so I could meet one new person a day during year 11! Your grade exceeds 365!

You think you know 'sointoyourself' since you guys go to the same school? XD But your grade is so big that your school photos are split into chunks XD

Reversal

HSC
It's just to me, there seems to be almost a class system around the results schools get and the EAS supported student in me just wishes that a single number didn't seem to define so much when there are so many variables. It's like in my area a girl I know who got 89, put in so much more work and effort than anyone humanly should but she would be viewed as a low ATAR by people who have had these incredible opportunities in the sydney schools! A med student who just scrapes in through bonus points may still have put in more effort and be more intelligent than a 99.99 ATAR from some 20 grand a year school.

animeiswild

HSC
It's just to me, there seems to be almost a class system around the results schools get and the EAS supported student in me just wishes that a single number didn't seem to define so much when there are so many variables. It's like in my area a girl I know who got 89, put in so much more work and effort than anyone humanly should but she would be viewed as a low ATAR by people who have had these incredible opportunities in the sydney schools! A med student who just scrapes in through bonus points may still have put in more effort and be more intelligent than a 99.99 ATAR from some 20 grand a year school.
From my understanding, med students don't get bonus points included in their ATAR

animeiswild

HSC
lol yep I was wondering if you go to oatley too, since you suddenly added me on bos (while reading this thread - my highly talented stalking skills)!

LIES! :p

but yeah true, I should try to meet more diverse range of people...
I don't lie! *coughs* most of the time *coughs*

Ask Spiral! I am not a nerd! XD

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Yeah that's a fair point and how ATAR should be interpreted as! High ATAR does not necessarily mean high intelligence, but I reckon it at least means more prepared for uni studies; unis thus use them.
But that's why there's EAS and all that so the system can be fairer. But yep, you're right.

Coookies

HSC
Haha, I really wanted to go Oatley so I could meet one new person a day during year 11! Your grade exceeds 365!

You think you know 'sointoyourself' since you guys go to the same school? XD But your grade is so big that your school photos are split into chunks XD
I don't know her real name lol
Yeah, school photos are split in house groups and even those are too big!
Our grade is like 500

animeiswild

HSC
No, Armstrong. How about you? It'd be weird if you were in my class or something :L
I need to say this more clearly. I don't go to Oatley! Just happen to have great stalking skills!

Did you also transfer into Oatley from some other school besides the campus trio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)