• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My Friends bizarre theory about life and the HSC (come if you want a laugh) (1 Viewer)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
So my friend is doing his HSC this year, ever since he entered prelim he started telling me about all this crap to do with the HSC and life after the HSC. Here is a list of things he says like everyday...

"The HSC is the peak of you're life, you fail that; you will never get a good job"
"A graduate Engineer earns 500k a year"
"When you become an engineer you will walk out of uni and everyone will literally tell you to come work with them"
"If you get a 60% in physics, that is equivalent to a 97% in business"
"If you don't become an engineer, you will live in a small house and struggle to pay the mortgage"
"If you go for you're l's or p's in high school, the board will lower your mark by 20%"
"If you get under 95, there is no UNI that will accept you for engineering"
"To get a high atar you can't play a game, if you open a flash game, it will consume you're life and limit you're atar to 50"
"A degree in business is like a degree in being an idiot, you get no where"
"Engineering is so high paying, you can afford to pay off 10 houses at once and a body guard"
"You only have to care about two things, 3U math and physics"
"Puberty limits your max ATAR to 50"
"My parents are engineers, and they earnt so much they don't have to work for a living anymore" (Living in western suburbs)
"I once used to care about legal, but that will get me no where"
"No one is doing engineering because its so hard to get in"
"I nearly got accepted into ruse but they didn't accept me because of my english rank"
"Engineers in ancient egyptian times were considered like gods, something out of the ordinary, they still are today"
"The only reason people do a business course is because the cut off is 50"
"I might be fat now but once I'm engineer, after my first week pay, I'll get an operation that makes me skinny in 2 days"
"See my uncle, the engineer, in two weeks he had his dream car so thats going to be me" (Ignoring the fact his uncle won $2 mil in a prize)
"if you do general maths you are going to end up in UWS Financial advising, centrelink people make more then them"
"My uncle in Egypt had 9 houses, 3 cars and a luxury boat; he got all of that by being an engineer for 3 years"
"You know why engineering is only 3-4 years and comm/law is 5? because engineering students learn things quicker because they're smarter"
"You know why the worlds richest people include mainly businessmen or computer programmers? they are really engineers and don't want to tell anyone"
"My cousin got hold of university documents and they say they're going to make cut-off for engineering 99.95 because you make millions each year"
"You can laugh at my '91 ford now but when I graduate you're not going to laugh at my Ferrari"
"Girls are attracted to engineers, it's scientifically proven because we dominate everyone"
"Engineering is the biggest secret to easy millions but no university wants to tell anyone that"
"When you're an engineer, countries like Dubai are going to tell you to build another 800m tower and it's yours to keep"
"An engineer can basically bludge all day then go home and sleep while becoming a millionaire at the same time"
"Without physics and extension maths, It's impossible to get 80+ unless you get 100% in each exam, scientists in UNSW proved it on channel 7"
"All the teachers at our school work as part time engineers, how do you think that teacher affords a merc? or how does he buy a new tie everyday?"
"Engineers live longer than the rest of the population because their brain is overdeveloped"
"The cut off for engineering at UWS is 74 because it's not a real degree there; you are limited to a $200k salary but only because you're an engineer"
"All girls like money. Engineers earn millions each year. Why do you think absolutely 100% of engineers are married?.."
"Being an engineer teaches you everything you need to know about life, and you learn to approach things with great confidence? (What? by them teaching you things about buildings..?)
"Engineers, especially civil engineers get so strong over the years, my uncle once lifted a car! omg you don't know how big he is.."

I'll add more as I think of the stupid crap he says... comment with you're opinions

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
why are you friends with him? LOL

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
"The HSC is the peak of you're life, you fail that; you will never get a good job"
True.
True.
"When you become an engineer you will walk out of uni and everyone will literally tell you to come work with them"
True.
True.
"If you don't become an engineer, you will live in a small house and struggle to pay the mortgage"
True.
"If you go for you're l's or p's in high school, the board will lower your mark by 20%"
True.
True.
"To get a high atar you can't play a game, if you open a flash game, it will consume you're life and limit you're atar to 50"
True.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
He's trolling. Why are you giving him the attention?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
True.
True.
True.
True.
True.
True.
True.
True.
not sure if srs

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
These people can be easily manipulated.

- Best bring him/her to Spiral and I will chew on them.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
He's trolling. Why are you giving him the attention?
That's true, but the word trolling...it's such a harsh word. It offends me.
It's hard to believe that someone truly believes that stuff.
I have heard similar stuff from other people's parents...but that concerned Medicine and how their kids had to be doctors, otherwise they'd fail at life.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In all honesty, parents are clueless about shit like this even if they have the best of intentions.

Things like - "if you go to a top tier university, you will get a good job".

Times have changed and the job market is much more competitive so even things like that might make sense don't really apply anymore.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Are his parents curry? (Bangladesh/Indian?)
Heard curries love to become engineers...

Asian parents - If you don't become a doctor or dentist then you'd fail at life. (Asian parents tend to want their kids to avoid engineering)
Also, I thought an aligned mark of around 97 or 98 in Business Studies would probably beat an aligned mark of 90 or 91 in Physics? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Are his parents curry? (Bangladesh/Indian?)
Heard curries love to become engineers...

Asian parents - If you don't become a doctor or dentist then you'd fail at life. (Asian parents tend to want their kids to avoid engineering)
Also, I thought an aligned mark of around 97 or 98 in Business Studies would probably beat an aligned mark of 90 or 91 in Physics? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Trust. Although most of the curry parents I know want their kids to be doctors (maybe it's just the curries I know?)

A 98 in Business Studies is a state rank. Ofc it beats a 90/91 in Phys.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You should show him that there is no uni in australia with an engineering cut off (besides combined with commerce or law) above low 90s to see how he responds, for the lulz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)