• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My Friends bizarre theory about life and the HSC (come if you want a laugh) (2 Viewers)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
You should show him that there is no uni in australia with an engineering cut off (besides combined with commerce or law) above low 90s to see how he responds, for the lulz.
There are a few programs at USyd, and the Research & Development program at ANU that have a cutoff above 99.
Still, his friend's argument is invalid.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't even understand the one about the board lowering your mark by 20% for getting your P's trololo. But the rest are so ill informed.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Asian parents - If you don't become a doctor or dentist then you'd fail at life. (Asian parents tend to want their kids to avoid engineering
Have to agree there, kind of. Most of the people on the Asian side of my family are doctors and a cousin of mine managed to get into dentistry, so they're probably disappointed with what I got into. Even my mum, the Asian, openly said she was disappointed that I got an ATAR of less than 90 and thus had no chance of getting into medicine. Says the person who did an Arts degree and majored in English. :rolleyes2:

Pfortune35

HSC
every single thing bullshit exept maybe the thing about enginneers making 50k grad salary

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
So my friend is doing his HSC this year, ever since he entered prelim he started telling me about all this crap to do with the HSC and life after the HSC. Here is a list of things he says like everyday...

"The HSC is the peak of you're life, you fail that; you will never get a good job"
"A graduate Engineer earns 500k a year"
"When you become an engineer you will walk out of uni and everyone will literally tell you to come work with them"
"If you get a 60% in physics, that is equivalent to a 97% in business"
"If you don't become an engineer, you will live in a small house and struggle to pay the mortgage"
"If you go for you're l's or p's in high school, the board will lower your mark by 20%"
"If you get under 95, there is no UNI that will accept you for engineering"
"To get a high atar you can't play a game, if you open a flash game, it will consume you're life and limit you're atar to 50"

I'll add more as I think of the stupid crap he says... comment with you're opinions
Not sure if srs or trolling.

Deedee123

HSC
Hi guys,

Honestly, what your friend says is pretty exaggerated but it has a lot of truth in it. He seem pretty committed to being an engineer and the way he is going about it (studying and focusing, like a horse with blinkers, on ATAR) is good. Not that I am an expert on the HSCs or anything but every good mark needs tons and tons of hard work and focus; meaning that there isn't a whole lot of time for leisure and TETRIS. Think about it this way, he won't be living the leisure life now but he will later because, from what he says, there will be an immense cash flow. :biggrin:

But it funny the way he would have said it. lol:tennisclap:

Anyways this is just humble opinion :smile:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Spiritual Being, have you ever hit anybody in your life?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
So my friend is doing his HSC this year, ever since he entered prelim he started telling me about all this crap to do with the HSC and life after the HSC. Here is a list of things he says like everyday...

"The HSC is the peak of you're life, you fail that; you will never get a good job"
"A graduate Engineer earns 500k a year"
"When you become an engineer you will walk out of uni and everyone will literally tell you to come work with them"
"If you get a 60% in physics, that is equivalent to a 97% in business"
"If you don't become an engineer, you will live in a small house and struggle to pay the mortgage"
"If you go for you're l's or p's in high school, the board will lower your mark by 20%"
"If you get under 95, there is no UNI that will accept you for engineering"
"To get a high atar you can't play a game, if you open a flash game, it will consume you're life and limit you're atar to 50"

I'll add more as I think of the stupid crap he says... comment with you're opinions
grrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)