What is it like from uni to uni

My cooworker says at macq economics is mainly consisted of white people

He said maths is asain

What is this in reality

D94

HSC
N/A
hi again!

If you're curious, you can look at this link for Macquarie university. Click the country you want and it shows you generally what international students from this country choose as a course in Macquarie uni: http://www.international.mq.edu.au/countrypages

Hope it helps! :)
You don't need to be an international student to be asian :s Pretty sure powlmao meant the general ethnicity of certain faculties and certain programs.

rayy_bann

HSC
You don't need to be an international student to be asian :s Pretty sure powlmao meant the general ethnicity of certain faculties and certain programs.
Um, I know that.

I never said once otherwise. I in fact am asian and not an international student.

Macquarie only gives information on the general courses international students choose.

I was just trying to help. Of course students don't have real statistics on this...so yeah :L

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
50%+ of the USYD Business School is composed of Intl Students.

rayy_bann

HSC
I'm sorry I was just trying to help. Just because I put 'international student' information, doesn't mean that they're NOT going to be part of your classes.

Plus, the link I put shows people of certain ethnicities, in fact it is a list of people from different countries and generally what courses they choose.

I did not say ANYTHING along the lines that 'domestic students cannot be asian'. So don't be condescending when telling me this.

I was just trying to help (as usual) and I'm sorry I don't have such information

This comment is for D94

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry I was just trying to help. Just because I put 'international student' information, doesn't mean that they're NOT going to be part of your classes.

Plus, the link I put shows people of certain ethnicities, in fact it is a list of people from different countries and generally what courses they choose.

I did not say ANYTHING along the lines that 'domestic students cannot be asian'. So don't be condescending when telling me this.

I was just trying to help (as usual) and I'm sorry I don't have such information

This comment is for D94
Calm down mate, you said it the first time, no need to get all worked up over something so trivial. :)

My point was that using the international student count isn't a good measure of the percentage of ethnics. How was I condescending? Just pointing out something, as did you. The way you responded sounded like you were only referring to international students, a simple misunderstanding ;)

The best way to tell is to get a current uni student (who has had classes already) to give a general overview of the ethnicity of their classes.

Last edited:

rayy_bann

HSC
Calm down mate, you said it the first time, no need to get all worked up over something so trivial. :)

My point was that using the international student count isn't a good measure of the percentage of ethnics. How was I condescending? Just pointing out something, as did you. The way you responded sounded like you were only referring to international students, a simple misunderstanding ;)

The best way to tell is to get a current uni student (who has had classes already) to give a general overview of the ethnicity of their classes.
Omg, I'm sorry :p I was only supposed to send it once, but the first time I didn't see it send. So i sent it again lol...

Oh yeah I get your point. But I don't know...saying something as obvious as 'You don't need to be an international student to be asian'. LOL...

But seriously, just ignore me, i'm sorry! I was only supposed to sent it once. :L

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Far too many international students who have a poor grasp of English and Australian/Western culture.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
There are many 'asain' [sic] students wherever you go, equally there are also many 'white' students and others of various ethnicities. :rolleyes:

However the general demographic of MQ (as seen in a previous thread you were interested going here) it's safe to assume that in the Business and Economics Faculty you will have a fair proportion of those enrolled in courses to be of overseas background aka the ever despised 'international' students.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but MQ has one of NSW's biggest intake of internationals with around 3000 odd students on campus?

It shouldn't be a deterrent to enrolling into a course you want to do. Just ask around. :)

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
There are many 'asain' [sic] students wherever you go, equally there are also many 'white' students and others of various ethnicities. :rolleyes:

However the general demographic of MQ (as seen in a previous thread you were interested going here) it's safe to assume that in the Business and Economics Faculty you will have a fair proportion of those enrolled in courses to be of overseas background aka the ever despised 'international' students.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but MQ has one of NSW's biggest intake of internationals with around 3000 odd students on campus?

It shouldn't be a deterrent to enrolling into a course you want to do. Just ask around. :)
B3 5UR3 2 F0LL0W D4 W0RD5 0F W15D0M FR0M D4VD4V :)

rayy_bann

HSC

Yeah, like just going to enrolment day and looking through MQs website, there is a very large asian influence and focus.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Lol man not trying to sound confrontational... but why do you care?

rayy_bann

HSC
Maybe some people feel comfortable being with people physically similar to them? You know, kind of seeing you in someone else. Therefore its easier for you to be acquainted with them and find things in common with them. That...or he's just curious. :)

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Are there many whites in degrees like eco
An Arts degree is always a safe option if you want to mingle with 'whites'.

Economics is a so and so but i'm sure there would be more Caucasians due to Economics based degrees being not as popular as Commerce is with minority groups such as Asians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)