Labor Leadership Spill 2012 (4 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
no i read the papers during lunch when im at subway
this is how i guage what the common man is feeling

change is in the air
Then you would earnestly acknowledge that there is enormous dissatisfaction for both party leaderships at the moment and the defeat of Julia Gillard in favour of Kevin Rudd or Stephen Smith, or the defeat of Tony Abbott in favour of Joe Hockey, Malcolm Turnbull or Scott Morrison should, if voting patterns follow logic, see a sharp increase in the respective parties polling numbers.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
no i read the papers during lunch when im at subway
this is how i guage what the common man is feeling

change is in the air
Then you will know that the public overwhelmingly support Kevin Rudd over both Gillard and Abbott.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Brown, Wilkie and Oakeshott have all said they'd rather work with Rudd than Abbott. Windsor hasn't confirmed a position either way.
I was under the impression they would rather have Gillard than Rudd because if Rudd wins, the agreements made in the 2010 election would effectively be nullified unless Rudd commits to them word for word. If Rudd wins, the independents would have to go through the negotiations all over again and that is not desirable for them.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
obviously due to the changed circumstances that data is pretty useless but we will know more on sunday/monday

Lentern

HSC
I was under the impression they would rather have Gillard than Rudd because if Rudd wins, the agreements made in the 2010 election would effectively be nullified unless Rudd commits to them word for word. If Rudd wins, the independents would have to go through the negotiations all over again and that is not desirable for them.
That's true, (not of Wilkie, he's supporting Rudd) but they still wont support Tony Abbott.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The Herald has just finished a comprehensive Nielsen poll of voters on how they think the Labor leadership struggle should be resolved.

The exclusive poll, to be revealed tomorrow, asks the question gripping the nation's voters: do they prefer Julia Gillard or Kevin Rudd to be prime minister?

Voters have also been asked the equally poignant question of whether the party should now swap leaders - and the findings throw light on the dilemma facing senior party figures.

The poll also questions voters on whether a federal election should now be called.

For all the details, see the Herald tomorrow.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...-leadership-20120224-1tsfn.html#ixzz1nIMG9NyE

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
grads in PM&C are scared for their fucking lives right now

Lentern

HSC

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Gillard deserves to lose the leadership. It is still iffy as to whether she actually will though. The Newspoll will be more powerful.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I really wonder if these polls are going to have an affect on Rudd's numbers. Hopefully the party will take heed to what the people are demanding.

Lentern

HSC
#Newspoll Preferred ALP Leader: Gillard 30 (+6 from September) Rudd 53 (-4) #respill #auspol
Preferred ALP Leader (ALP Voters): Gillard 41 Rudd 58 #respill #auspol
#Newspoll Preferred PM: Gillard 34 (-3) Abbott 43 (+3) #respill #auspol

Lentern

HSC
#Nielsen Poll Preferred ALP Leader: Gillard 34 (-1) Rudd 58 (+1) #auspol #respill

Lentern

HSC
The polls are unequivocal, if Labor returns Gillard on Monday as they seem very much likely to their primary vote is going to absolutely tank next time. Somewhere in the vicinity of falling by five points in one hit I fancy.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
but will the ALP cut off their nose to spite their face?

also i love how martin ferguson (not a lazy cunt) supports kevin rudd, while laurie ferguson (lazy cunt) doesn't

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Labor should reinstate KRUDD so they can get re-elected and then kick him out again.

(Someone please fill me in. Why did KRUDD actually resign as foreign minister?)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If the parliamentary labor party reinstate Gillard they will be portrayed as totally out of touch with the Australian community. This is their one chance to correct the brain snap of 2010 and admit to the Australian people they got it wrong. Unfortunately for them, they won't.

I agree their primary will probably tank.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)