Labor Leadership Spill 2012 (10 Viewers)

epicFAILx

HSC

nice! count me as a member
xD

they are acting like a bunch of kids..its resembles a school yard fight. what about us..the people.. focus on us.. damn this faceless government

i thought government was opposition vs labor.. not labor vs labor

this government is a very twisted one.. :/

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Not sure who it was that suggested Shorten might be treasurer, but he seems to be crafting his marks very carefully to leave the door open to serve in a senior position under Rudd. He seems pro Gillard not anti Rudd at least publicly, the idea is not as ridiculous as I first thought.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
hahahaha "Syria needs solidarity not Western intervention" yeah so it can continue massacring its citizens in the streets

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
does tony abott ring you up with recorded messages if you're an ldp member?

nope

joke's on you

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Apparently the numbers are currently:

30 Rudd v 67 Gillard with 6 undecided (SMH)

Not looking good at all.

Garygaz

HSC
it's changing every 2 seconds and he hasn't even announced he is running yet

Garygaz

HSC
maybe swing up to 40 for rudd when he announces he is actually running, i'm sure some supporters don't see the point in backing him if he isn't running

Lentern

HSC
Apparently the numbers are currently:

30 Rudd v 67 Gillard with 6 undecided (SMH)

Not looking good at all.
I think the general view is that this ballot is merely round one, and indeed that Gillard's team has forced this early ballot because they know a comfortably majority aren't yet so desperate as to return to Rudd. People keep referring to the result of the first Hawke/Keating ballot, I think interestingly the first Crean v Beazley ballot was 58-34, I think the numbers are likely to be quiet similar for this and at least in retrospect Crean never looked like he'd get close to the next election unless Howard called a snap election.

If Rudd got 40 Gillard would be a dead duck, to have such large numbers of dissent so far out from an election is just terminal.

Also keep in mind as Gillard's the frontrunner publicly backing Rudd is more risky than publicly backing Gillard. Some people who have pledged support for Gillard might rat on her in the private ballot but Rudd's public supporters should all be more or less locked in.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
yeah its far more damaging to openly support Rudd
much better to openly support gillard or be indifferent and vote for him secretly perhaps

Lentern

HSC
yeah its far more damaging to openly support Rudd
much better to openly support gillard or be indifferent and vote for him secretly perhaps
There's a rumour that Shorten is going to ratf#$!k Gillard and that's why his statements have been so conciliatory. At the very least he has no intention of going to the backbench to sulk if Rudd wins.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Rudd announces he will stand in the ballot on Monday.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
He wants Gillard to hold a secret ballot in which she absolutely should (but likely won't) hold.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Rudd is giving a good speech. Rather than strongly criticizing Gillard he is criticizing Abbott instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)