Labor Leadership Spill 2012 (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
How on EARTH can Julia Gillard stand up on national TV and declare that she admires Bob Carr???

a c

HSC
Does anyone know the reason why Arbib resigned

Lentern

HSC
How on EARTH can Julia Gillard stand up on national TV and declare that she admires Bob Carr???
Isn't he credited for cleaning up corruption in the NSW police which more or less recommenced the day he left office?

Lentern

HSC
Seems the anonymous backgrounding of journalists by Labor MPs in regards to Gillard's judgement hasn't stopped.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...-on-ministry-bid/story-fn59niix-1226285632288

That clear air lasted what, about a day.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/gillard-redfaced-over-carr-bungle-20120229-1u3id.html
Of course it hasn't, Rudd's play was effectively to say to caucus, "I dare you to defy the overwhelming view of the voting public on this and re-elect her" they did, now the real destabilization commences. Up until now Rudd was really just about presenting her as inferior to him, now it's about genuinely trashing the government.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Rudd doesn't even need to do anything at the moment IMO. She's doing a pretty good job at destroying what's left of her government.

Lentern

HSC
Rudd doesn't even need to do anything at the moment IMO. She's doing a pretty good job at destroying what's left of her government.
Well between Swan, Crean, Emerson and Burke and their "helpful" statements, the damage inflicted to the image of the first two years of this Labor government is probably enough to sink the ship. But yeah, if this government now starts to recover in the polls Rudd's whole crusade is undermined, he needs it to absolutely hit rock bottom so either they crawl back to him or he gets remembered affectionately by the mainstream progressive public as the man who could have saved them.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Senator Bob Carr to be Foreign Minister.

Bradbury into the ministry.

McClelland dumped.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
WTF with regards to Bob Carr. The backpedalling and lies of Gillard over the past few days jsut got worse still.

qawe

HSC
N/A
Of course it hasn't, Rudd's play was effectively to say to caucus, "I dare you to defy the overwhelming view of the voting public on this and re-elect her" they did, now the real destabilization commences. Up until now Rudd was really just about presenting her as inferior to him, now it's about genuinely trashing the government.
I hope you're right. PLEASE BE RIGHT.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I cannot see and do not like an Australia with a PM as Abbott. He's only a good opp. leader because he has swung public favour towards himself (not helped by the media).

tbh I reckon he's going to screw up the country. I sure hope not. With Gillard in power I don't think there's much of a chance for her next election but....

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
He hasn't swung favour towards himself. Everyone still loathes the c*^t. He's swung favour away from Labor, that's about it.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think it'd be more accurate to say that Abbott hasn't actually done anything lol

Lentern

HSC
While Labor has inflicted most of its wounds unto itself, Abbott has created the environment to allow for it. The propensity of Swan and Gillard to capitulate under pressure was only expose due to a lot of Abbott's reckless all or nothing gambits, eg the health reform debate, the blocking of the CPRS, the pledging to turn back boats, the Mandatory Pre- commitment beatup and the promises to rescind the carbon tax are all matters which he stood to hemorrhage political capital if Labor had stood their ground (for a moment they almost did under Rudd with the health reform debate) but this continual retreating from Labor has been suicidal. As one commentator put it, if Gillard had been Prime Minister during the Godwin Grech affair she probably would have sacked Swan and apologized before the APF findings came out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)