• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How hard is Bachelor of Business (2 Viewers)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Does UTS have past exam papers online and how hard is the Bachelor of Business first year subjects ? I've done my Accounting Diploma at tafe, so i'm only doing 3 subjects this semester : Integrating Business Perspectives, Economics for Business and Business Statistics.
i'm kinda worried as the exams in tafe are mostly practical not like writting essays and such.. i think i
will stuggle at uni as my writting skills isn't that good and i didn't do math during high school.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Statistics is basically maths, economics will need writing and essays, Integrating Business Perspectives needs writing, I think there were 2 essays in the exam.

Overall with a bit of effort, you should be able to get through it fine, dont slack off.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I'm going to major in Accounting. Do you think i would stuggle with the maths involved?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You shouldn't, the 2 core subjects while having maths (basic formulas, adding subtracting, etc) it isn't difficult, they'll teach you how to do it and it's relatively simple.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Is there any oral presentations for Integrating Business Perspectives, Business statistics or Economics for Business?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any oral presentations for Integrating Business Perspectives, Business statistics or Economics for Business?
"Integrating Business Perspectives" is the only one with oral out of those as far as I know (haven't done the other 2 yet myself :p but I doubt they have any oral presentations).

honsaw

HSC
N/A
For Business Statistics is it mainly simple calculations in the mid sem & final exam like nothing like 2u maths. Is it true UWS exams are easier than UTS?
and why doesn't UTS have like past exam papers because i want to know what questions to expect in exams

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Also, for my subjects like Business stats and Economics, i can't really do any extra questions besides the tutorial questions because there isn't any answers for questions in the textbook.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stats mid-sem is Multiple choice (I assume calculations still) from what the guy said in the lecture today.

They might upload past papers / practice questions. UTS hardly has any past papers, not really needed if you know your stuff.

Still do the questions and ask for help if needed.

On a side note, I think I got the best possible tutor for stats, she knows all er stuff, goes through the tute questions and explains everything properly, makes it so much better than the lecturer!

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Too bad i have a horrible tutor.. the way he speak is very dull & sounds like he is not interested in the subject :s

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you could come to my tute, they mark the roll (well you tick your own name off) and the class has heaps of people, she doesn't count, just speaks and explains :)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Which tute are you in? but i have to go to my tute as well to get my name marked off right?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Attendance isn't compulsory from what I can tell, you get no marks for going (unless I haven't read the outline right which might have happened since I didn't really bother :p)

My tute is 4-5 Tuesday... u free at that time? also if all else fails go to UPASS (you should for stats, it isn't exactly an easy subject, even if the lecturer says it is lol).

honsaw

HSC
N/A
So it is ok if i don't go for the whole semester ? If so, then probably i will go to the morning tute..
Also, do you know if there is a class at 9am for Economics for Business because now when i check on UTS Online it starts from Activity 03.. because before i saw like there was 2 classes at 9am, did they remove it or something?

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So it is ok if i don't go for the whole semester ? If so, then probably i will go to the morning tute..
Also, do you know if there is a class at 9am for Economics for Business because now when i check on UTS Online it starts from Activity 03.. because before i saw like there was 2 classes at 9am, did they remove it or something?
They may have removed it, 9am classes aren't really popular (unless you have no other choice) I can't see it online.

Going or not going is up to you, just make sure you check the outline and that there aren't any marks or anything for attending.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Ok cool, cos i'm just afraid if i don't attend all semester i might get in trouble..

honsaw

HSC
N/A
What class room are you in at 4pm because there is like 3 classes.
Also, for the tutorial questions for Business Stats did they get the questions from the new textbook or did
they make it up themselves?

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Class is B5 block C somewhere, can't remember exactly (will find out later).

Questions they probably made up I'm assuming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)