Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dude I was looking for you, but I couldn't find anyone apart from one girl wearing a brown jacket. I saw one guy walk in holding a brownish jumper (was that you?)
I was really not sure. Where about's were you sitting? The left, middle or right? And yeah the bang scared the crap outta me.
Nah I couldn't find my brown jumper because I think I put it in the wash.

I was wearing a bright red T shirt and sitting right in front of the two people who were trying to pull the metal things apart.

That seat will always be my seat.

Initially, two girls sat in it so I had to sit somewhere else. Then they went away so I reclaimed my spot.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but its not a visa or mastercard (unless maestro is counted as mastercard). And I think its only credit card, i'm not sure, i'll check the website.
You can get debit cards with Visa or Mastercard. I think you're referring to your keycard which isn't the same thing.

izzy88

HSC
Is anyone going to surreal sounds? Are there actually people in orange T's selling tickets? If not I'll have to buy them online but I have no credit card :(:(:(
I saw people selling tickets in manning the other day. The other option is to walk over to Paul's college and ask someone - people will be all too willing to sell tickets.

jet

Banned
HSC
reading through my introductory law book gives me the impression that the author is trying to flaunt his seemingly infinite lexicon rather than trying achieve the purpose of creating a textbook, i.e. to relay information (preferably with layman terms).

fuuuuuuuuuuuu the convolution! (and it's starting to rub off on me rofl)
My experience with law students and lawyers in general tells me that's a recurring theme throughout the discipline.

P.s. <3 Aerath

Daniel Daners!

Also shakky, where you the dude who sat next to me during the Physics lecture?

That bang sure scared the hell out of me.

Do you do oscillations/waves this semester? I'd sit up the back when they pull out the whip.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably should have done this beginning of last week but since i would like to know more people i'm gonna ask who here does PHYS1901 and/or MATH1901 and/or MATH1902? :D
I do MATH1901/2

izzy88

HSC
reading through my introductory law book gives me the impression that the author is trying to flaunt his seemingly infinite lexicon rather than trying achieve the purpose of creating a textbook, i.e. to relay information (preferably with layman terms).

It doesn't get any better... :( funnily enough law school tries to emphasise 'plain speaking' - supposedly the courts do as well, although that doesn't necessarily seem to be reflected in the judgements.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You're actually reading Laying Down the Law? :p Amazing!

My experience with law students and lawyers in general tells me that's a recurring theme throughout the discipline.

P.s. <3 Aerath
How can you blame us? :p

It doesn't get any better... :( funnily enough law school tries to emphasise 'plain speaking' - supposedly the courts do as well, although that doesn't necessarily seem to be reflected in the judgements.
Yeah, thank you Lord Denning: "not insubstantial" etc etc. Double negatives are rife.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
lol Rip isn't there a photo of you floating around somewhere on BOS? I think I saw your fb dp in the 'post your photos here' thread or something.

And your fabulous harry potter photo haha.

I checked out the new places at Carslaw today, looks really nice. Big *tv sized* computer screen to study from with groups or when working on assignments with friends, a whiteboard so you can teach everybody simultaneously...

Not only that, I THINK I saw a dedicated 'kitchen', though I'm expecting that area to get trashed within the next couple of months.

Plus, that 'new area' smell....

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
haha yeh Carrotsticks told me LOL...uhhh what do you look like? and where do you usually sit? XD
There are heaps of photos of me on here. Just add me on fb = facebook.com/riproot
Like half way between the middle and the front.
I sit with 3 girls with dark brown/black hair and some random azn guy sat next to me (he was nice looking and stuff. :shy:).
I'll be there on Thursday at 8am waiting for you. :D

lol Rip isn't there a photo of you floating around somewhere on BOS? I think I saw your fb dp in the 'post your photos here' thread or something.

And your fabulous harry potter photo haha.

I checked out the new places at Carslaw today, looks really nice. Big *tv sized* computer screen to study from with groups or when working on assignments with friends, a whiteboard so you can teach everybody simultaneously...

Not only that, I THINK I saw a dedicated 'kitchen', though I'm expecting that area to get trashed within the next couple of months.

Plus, that 'new area' smell....
Like a billion photos!
A lot of which were posted by other users without my permission.
Such as the babby photos.

Omg, take me there tomorrow!!!

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
There are heaps of photos of me on here. Just add me on fb = facebook.com/riproot
Like half way between the middle and the front.
I sit with 3 girls with dark brown/black hair and some random azn guy sat next to me (he was nice looking and stuff. :shy:).
I'll be there on Thursday at 8am waiting for you. :D

Like a billion photos!
A lot of which were posted by other users without my permission.
Such as the babby photos.

Omg, take me there tomorrow!!!

Added ;)...Awesome, I'll probably be a little late for the lecture again coz I'm sometimes lazy getting up so early :p but I'll try my best to identify you:D yeh i went to check out the new place in Carslaw today, and you're right it DOES have that new place smell! and pretty cool too :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Anybody have any idea how to claim one of the new big computer+whiteboard pods without standing right in front of the table and waiting for them to go away?

Tried to get one today to begin maths assignment, but were all unfortunately full *they weren't even using the whiteboards or the screen!*

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Added ;)...Awesome, I'll probably be a little late for the lecture again coz I'm sometimes lazy getting up so early :p but I'll try my best to identify you:D yeh i went to check out the new place in Carslaw today, and you're right it DOES have that new place smell! and pretty cool too :)
Yay!
I'll ~probably~ see you tomorrow at 8. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yay!
I'll ~probably~ see you tomorrow at 8. :)
I have no idea how you people do 8am uni starts everyday. Had something at 8 today, and all I heard all day was how people were saying my eyes looked like zombies.....

It's not that I'm not a morning person, I'm fine with 8am starts at work (or even earlier). Just for uni...., no fucking way.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
ugh had buss1001 exam today. ughhhhhh asdkjasdakldsjgj;s

went to another pass session. pretty standard stuff with the icebreaker time wasting. i did icebreakers in 3 passes already so i was like nope, ceebs.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not unless you love uni!

Also on Friday morning, I'm coming at 8am anyway even though I have no Uni.

Any interesting classes to crash? Are 1901/6 lectures still at 8am? (lol Cosgrove didn't fight hard enough for the spot)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ugh had buss1001 exam today. ughhhhhh asdkjasdakldsjgj;s

went to another pass session. pretty standard stuff with the icebreaker time wasting. i did icebreakers in 3 passes already so i was like nope, ceebs.
Who are your Pass facilitators?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
^a chinese guy called james for buss1001, adam for eco, jono for claw1001. had 2 girls for accounting, but i didn't get their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)