Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy88

HSC
I can't believe its only week 2 - it feels like I've been back at uni forever. It doesn't help that I'm in the basement of law school for all my classes - between the lack of sunlight and no phone reception, I feel I'm already becoming a zombie.

By the way, what are pass sessions? I don't think they existed when I went through undergrad law subjects.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
I can't believe its only week 2 - it feels like I've been back at uni forever. It doesn't help that I'm in the basement of law school for all my classes - between the lack of sunlight and no phone reception, I feel I'm already becoming a zombie.

By the way, what are pass sessions? I don't think they existed when I went through undergrad law subjects.
lol, is that because of the amount of readings you have to do? a few first year law students told me that they had to do 80 pages of readings in the first week.

pass (peer assisted study sessions) is basically a 1 hr group study session. they're run by D/HD students from the business faculty, but they don't answer any questions. you're actually relying on your peers for the answers if you don't know them. i guess it's a nice way to meet new people. :/

jet

Banned
HSC
ugh had buss1001 exam today. ughhhhhh asdkjasdakldsjgj;s

went to another pass session. pretty standard stuff with the icebreaker time wasting. i did icebreakers in 3 passes already so i was like nope, ceebs.
Was that the exam about referencing? A coworker told me about it, you have to pass or else attend remedial referencing classes?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Was that the exam about referencing? A coworker told me about it, you have to pass or else attend remedial referencing classes?
yeah it was about referencing and answering a small question about one of the sources from week 1. i managed to write over a page but that doesn't necessarily mean that i'll pass haha. i heard 30 out of 1000 people passed last year. i hope the remedial classes don't start at 8am..

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
^a chinese guy called james for buss1001, adam for eco, jono for claw1001. had 2 girls for accounting, but i didn't get their names.
Booo, you didn't get any of my friends. :( Although, the girls for accounting, was one of them a fairly tall red-headed girl? :p

izzy88 - PASS = Peer Assisted Study Sessions (not sure about the first 's'). They have them for law now, only up until Public International Law though. :) They started in my year, for Criminal Law and Torts (2010, second semester).

jet

Banned
HSC
yeah it was about referencing and answering a small question about one of the sources from week 1. i managed to write over a page but that doesn't necessarily mean that i'll pass haha. i heard 30 out of 1000 people passed last year. i hope the remedial classes don't start at 8am..
Correct. It says on Business School course handbook that these remedial classes are 6hrs of workshops a week (see link) WTF! Thats like more hours than the rest of my subjects combined...jks, but still thats heaps

http://sydney.edu.au/business/course/uos?code=BUSS1900
This is why everybody should do science!

Except for biochem each week I have 4 lectures and a 6 hour practical so maybe not.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea how you people do 8am uni starts everyday. Had something at 8 today, and all I heard all day was how people were saying my eyes looked like zombies.....

It's not that I'm not a morning person, I'm fine with 8am starts at work (or even earlier). Just for uni...., no fucking way.
Yeah, I have to wake up at 5:30 and my first 8am start was the day it flooded. Wonderful!

Not unless you love uni!

Also on Friday morning, I'm coming at 8am anyway even though I have no Uni.

Any interesting classes to crash? Are 1901/6 lectures still at 8am? (lol Cosgrove didn't fight hard enough for the spot)
Yeah, 1901 in New Law Auditorium 101.
Come and sit with my friends and I!!!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, 1901 in New Law Auditorium 101.
Come and sit with my friends and I!!!
Oh wow lucky you, our 8am lectures last year were in the Chem building (or some building next to it).

Anybody I know?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Booo, you didn't get any of my friends. :( Although, the girls for accounting, was one of them a fairly tall red-headed girl? :p

izzy88 - PASS = Peer Assisted Study Sessions (not sure about the first 's'). They have them for law now, only up until Public International Law though. :) They started in my year, for Criminal Law and Torts (2010, second semester).
oh no, i had two asian girls for accounting. i vaguely remember hearing that the usual pass facilitator for my accounting PASS is samantha. i'm not 100% sure though haha

yeah buss1900.. 6 hours gooood. 'This unit is only available to students identified as needing additional support.' <- i especially hate that wording. sounds like a sped unit >_>

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wow lucky you, our 8am lectures last year were in the Chem building (or some building next to it).

Anybody I know?
I know. It's so comfy and nice and I can charge my phone in there (but it's the morning so I don't have to).

No. :)
That chick that added me (forget her username) might be there too.

jet

Banned
HSC
I know. It's so comfy and nice and I can charge my phone in there (but it's the morning so I don't have to).

No. :)
That chick that added me (forget her username) might be there too.
When I did 1901/6 it was in Carslaw 159... :( Every single one of my maths lectures have been in Carslaw!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
When I did 1901/6 it was in Carslaw 159... :( Every single one of my maths lectures have been in Carslaw!
Lol. None of mine are in Carslaw.
My tutes are though.

Are the rooms in Carslaw big enough for a lecture? (no)

funnytomato

HSC
Name: Carslaw Lecture Theatre 159
Short Name: Carslaw Lect Theatre 159
Venue Code: F07.159
Capacity: 265
Slope Type: TIERED
Venue Type: Lecture theatre
Floor: Carpet
Windows: No windows
Ventilation: Air conditioned
Furniture: Fixed benches and seating
Accessories: 6 blackboards, clock, computer, Data Projector, DHCP network port, document camera, DVD, hearing loop amplifier, lectern, Lectopia (Recording & Streaming), microphone, 2 Overhead projectors, video monitor, 3 whiteboards
Booking Domains: Central Booking Office, Learning Space Review
Venue Availability: Timetable, Casual

http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/ve...itch=0&venueId=4&venueIdShort=4&venueIdLong=5

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Carslaw lecture theatres are the bomb.

I actually enjoy the smaller classes.

Also massive lol @ Cirstea when she had her really girly giggle at her own joke today in class.

jet

Banned
HSC

After my GAMSAT we should have a meat!

Also massive lol @ Cirstea when she had her really girly giggle at her own joke today in class.
Hahaha what was the joke?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hahaha what was the joke?
She made a little mistake on the board and when somebody pointed it out, she walked towards the board to correct and said something like "I know, I was going to do that anyway!" and she let out a really 'high-schoolgirlish' giggle, which made the whole class have a good laugh.

jet

Banned
HSC
She made a little mistake on the board and when somebody pointed it out, she walked towards the board to correct and said something like "I know, I was going to do that anyway!" and she let out a really 'high-schoolgirlish' giggle, which made the whole class have a good laugh.
Hahaha she's awesome!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)