Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How do you get involved in these sorts of things?
My faculty sent out an email to all the students basically saying they were hiring. It was formal job hiring process of course with the whole resume and interview to boot.

Mind you, it was the first job I properly applied for and I got it. Did wonders for my self confidence. Pay is ~$25 p/hr and I tend to work on average about 15-20 hours per fortnight. In the lead up to a big event, that can be stretched even further.

Which faculty do you represent OzKo?
Faculty of Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources

jet

Banned
HSC
My faculty sent out an email to all the students basically saying they were hiring. It was formal job hiring process of course with the whole resume and interview to boot.

Mind you, it was the first job I properly applied for and I got it. Did wonders for my self confidence. Pay is ~$25 p/hr and I tend to work on average about 15-20 hours per fortnight. In the lead up to a big event, that can be stretched even further.

The fact that the pay goes up every 6 months is a wonderful thing :3

zxreth

HSC

Gonna have to keep any eye out on my email for this sort of thing then.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
How can he help you if you don't know anything about the guy to begin with?
I know what he looks like. :frown2:

And I know he's in SHADES.

awwww didn't meet you today but i wasn't sure if it was you:/ Were you the guy who wore the blue shirt and sat at the bottom-leftish of the theatre?
IT WAS ME!!!

I crashed that lecture this morning.

So many people!

Give it 5 weeks and the lecture theater will only have ~ 75% of what it had today.

Week 10 it will have ~ 50%

Week 13 ~ epsilon%

I especially liked how Cosgrove remembered the full numerical value of 1!, 2!, ... , 10! haha.
Yeah, I didn't pay that much attention.

I just laughed when everyone else did. :p

See you tomorrow Riproot.

If I manage to get a seat, then I'll be sure to join you (whilst enjoying my mocha).

Also shakky in case you're still wondering which dude is me, I was the one who asked "Will all questions in our exam be this general" etc to the lecturer.
Yay.

I'll ask my friends to sit in the middle thing so we can save 6 seats.

1 for me, 3 for friends, 2 for you guys. :)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Beachball was fail.

And I'm now employed by the guy who takes photos for graduation so I work in the quad/great hall yeeee

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
but but "The Annual Manning Bar Beachball event is an institution and initiation to university life. Its as much a part of uni as missing Friday lectures"

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I know what he looks like. :frown2:

And I know he's in SHADES.

IT WAS ME!!!

Yeah, I didn't pay that much attention.

I just laughed when everyone else did. :p

Yay.

I'll ask my friends to sit in the middle thing so we can save 6 seats.

1 for me, 3 for friends, 2 for you guys. :)
the first time i slept early, woke up and came early for an 8am lecture and they said it was cancelled :( i guess i'll find you before MATH1902 lecture, then i can prob ask my friends to come sit with you guys as well in one row LOL

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Beachball was fail.

And I'm now employed by the guy who takes photos for graduation so I work in the quad/great hall yeeee
There was no advertising for it. Of course it would fail.

the first time i slept early, woke up and came early for an 8am lecture and they said it was cancelled :( i guess i'll find you before MATH1902 lecture, then i can prob ask my friends to come sit with you guys as well in one row LOL
Yeah, I went inside for a few minutes anyways, you should've said hi. Carrotsticks was there too.

izzy88

HSC
I must say I wondered whether Beachball was even happening this year as I didn't see any advertising for it around uni etc. I thought perhaps I just missed the advertising because I wasn't as involved with o-week as previous years. I enjoyed going when I was in younger years. It was a good way to meet people.

izzy88

HSC
Darn cancelled lecture.
How often are your lecturers cancelled (and you aren't given any warning)? I think I've only had one or two experiences in my degree of rocking up to find a lecture cancelled. Most of the time they manage to send out an email/put an announcement on WebCT.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
How often are your lecturers cancelled (and you aren't given any warning)? I think I've only had one or two experiences in my degree of rocking up to find a lecture cancelled. Most of the time they manage to send out an email/put an announcement on WebCT.
Apparently the class was given 7 minutes notice.

It was a first year lecture I was just crashing lol.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'll be at the new Carslaw place (with the pods and massive screens) for the next hour or so if anybody wants to visit.

I have coloured textas on my table and a laptop.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Forgot to submit my timesheet for the previous fortnight's work.

:rage:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC

Yeah, I went inside for a few minutes anyways, you should've said hi. Carrotsticks was there too.
*sigh* feel so bad for not seeing you guys :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)