Wrestlemania 28! (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Watching wrestling with my little brother growing up was one of the only things we could ever do together without us being dicks to each other (we never got along), and it just stayed with me. It's fun still to watch it, and now as an 'adult' I get to appreciate the storylines and the creativity...well when they feel like utilising the creativity :p

Awww Batista and Lesnar before your time? I feel old :'(

I forgot all about Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus...probably because we both know who's going to win. I love Bryan, but damn his character pisses me off, which means he's doing an awesome job at it. Sheamus will win...and it will be annoying, then he'll probably have a match against Orton next month because as we all know, Orton gets a million chances even though he never earns them in the story.

lol if they treat it as a passing of the torch...they're 6 years too late. Cena's been on almost every WM poster since '06, and almost every ppv poster as well xD Not to mention...11 time champion -_-'

haha yeah, wrestling is heaps fun to watch and my boyfriend is a fan too, so it's pretty cool to have someone to watch it with and complain about it with later :D
Ah yes the storylines and creativity. Sometimes it's good. I remember for WM26 they had Randy Orton kiss Stephanie McMahon and I was like "holy crap. shit just got real". And I was SO looking forward to Triple H vs Orton - and then the match unfortunately was a let down :(

Also Batista was there when I watched. I started at WM 23 when 'Taker went 15-0.

And I really hope Bryan wins. His character amuses me, though. YES! YES! YES! =P

Cena 11-time champion... hmm, well, maybe they did it now considering that the Cena love is starting to fracture and he's not really that much of a fan favourite anymore. He still is but with the Rock, the crowd is split 50/50 pretty much - so it should be amusing.

And wow, you also found a boyfriend who watches it. Amazing. That... is awesome.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Best Wrestlemania in a while

Highlight was definitely Sheamus vs Bryan HAHAH
The first hour was rubbish. But overalll, most of the matches were PPV worthy and even the shittier matches werent thaaattt bad (I'm just going to pretend the opener didnt happen).
Cant wait to watch RAW tomorrow :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Best Wrestlemania in a while

Highlight was definitely Sheamus vs Bryan HAHAH
The first hour was rubbish. But overalll, most of the matches were PPV worthy and even the shittier matches werent thaaattt bad (I'm just going to pretend the opener didnt happen).
Cant wait to watch RAW tomorrow :)
I agree, it was actually good overall.

But Sheamus v Bryan... I dunno, that deserved a few more minutes. 18 seconds? Come on... not only does it devalue the WHC, but why the heck is it first on the card? Should've been Kane v Orton or something - make that the squash match. Further, I hope chucking the WHC first is not a recurring thing. I get they need to spark interest and get the crowd pumped but... if you're gonna defend a title first - do it with a lesser title like the IC.

I was really annoyed with that match because Bryan went to kiss AJ, I looked away to get some popcorn, I look at the TV again and he's already pinned him and then he wins. I was just like: 'wtf'. I also think they shouldn't have moved Money in the Bank from Wrestlemania... that was the perfect opener to it. I loved it.

Few other notes:

- I have to applaud Maria Menounos for actually taking a bump or two in the match. I thought they'd just do the same sort of thing as they did with Snooki, i.e. make Kelly Kelly do all the work and then make Maria come in for the quick pin. For a person who has like one wrestling match under her belt, she actually did fine.

- I thought the Team Johnny v Team Teddy match was going to be an elimination-tag Survivor Series type match...

- I thought the triple threat Tag Match was going to be televised...

- The Rock v John Cena went for 30:34? Really? I thought it ended a bit prematurely. I was like: "It's over already?" Thought they could've done a bit more stealing each other's moves.

- But obviously, Undertaker and Triple H stole the show. That... was just frigging amazing story telling. I was hooked from when the bell rang to start the match, and for the entire thirty minutes and fifty-two seconds of that match.

Also Raw is on Wednesday here... unless you like stream it or something.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Sheamus vs Bryan was hilarious. The crowd was hot for it, they had their YESS!! signs and then he was pinned in 18secs. LOLL
Literally 4 months of holding the title and his entire match could be shown in the replay. If I liked Bryan I wouldve hated it but he's so annoying so it was just funny
But yeah he shouldnt really have been squashed like that and I reckon they shouldve just scrapped Kane V Orton and extended the WHC match

And I agree, the divas match was actually half decent.

HHH v Undertaker was absolutely amazing. Wasnt expecting as much.
I think the last time I've seen that many successive chair shots was Foley v Rock at the Royal Rumble '99 when Mick got 14 shots to the head.
HBK was great and I especially loved the MSG hug at the end.

Rock and Cena wrestling wise was alright but the thing that really made it special was that it was Rock v Cena
Loved it and I know Rock is booked in for more Raws and PPVs so I cant wait to see how it goes
Theres actually room for character development for Cena and if he turns heel I'm going to wet my pants

Excited to watch Raw and yep I stream it because I hate waiting.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I know! The crowd was so pumped for Sheamus v Bryan, and I LOVED the 'YES!' signs all over the front row.

But Bryan is the good kind of annoying so... I was annoyed with the match.

And where would you rate WM28's Taker vs. HHH? It was actually a really, really good match. Perhaps my.. second or third favourite match of all time, maybe? Behind WM26 Taker v. HBK... maybe.

I don't know - they're all so good :(

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Yeah definitely one of my top favourite matches

WOW the crowd at RAW was fucking awesome. Honestly they were WAYY more pumped than Attitude Era crowds and thats saying something.

Man did they love Daniel Bryan. 'DANIEL BRYAN' chants during every match. 'YESS' chants every 5 minutes.
When Sheamus came out you wouldve thought he was a heel or Cena. 'NO NO NO', 'BOOO' 'THIEF'

Check this out, and it was after the dark 10 man tag main event as well

Note to WWE: Best way to get a guy over is to give him an 18sec squash match for the WHC LOL

Also the ending was brilliant. The product hasnt been this good since MITB

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I really wanted Bryan to win too, his gimmick... is awesome. Sheamus gimmick before WM was "The guy that would just bash up randoms". I mean... how can I get involved in that?

But uhh, I'm waiting until Wednesday (tomorrow) to watch Raw as I recorded Raw already, I'll see how it goes.

And for that video:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Amazing how they made just that simple word: 'Yes', one of the most amazing chants ever.

Gah, it's why I never really tire of it.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
undertaker would own all
At Wrestlemania, he does. :)

But yeah Daniel Bryan is really growing on me. He's pretty funny. The thing he wrote about how AJ can be a better diva cracked me up. LOL

I know he's the best technical wrestler and he's pretty good on the mic now.
I really hope they dont stuff his character up. Its interesting to see where they'll take him from here because they obviously didnt expect the crowd going nuts for him.

HSC
Sheamus vs D.Bryan the most disappointing match I have ever seen. I expect shit like this to be in the divas matches, or you know...squash matches.....creative are going to be shitting themselves with this mistake. The crowd reaction on Raw AND during WM was overwhelming with support for Bryan - OVERWHELMING. The writers blatantly came out and said they wrote the match to be 18 seconds...because they wanted to go for a new wrestlemania record :/ Apparently it had been written in for about 3 weeks, and many wrestlers lobbied hard to get that match changed. But hey, Sheamus is best buds with HHH, so can we expect anything different? ;) So apparently Bryan doesn't get a rematch, but it's coolios for Del Rio to have a go? Don't get me wrong, Del Rio is great, but wtf :/
So now we can look forward to Sheamus becoming Super Sheamus ala Super Cena. Yay :/

Divas match....another bullshit match. 0/10. I'm not going to even comment other than Beth Phoenix needs real competition, and I don't see that happening until Kharma comes back. Though, very surprised at Maria being able to do the roll up pin when she had those rib injuries. Damn.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes - as much as I love Rhodes, this match is highly forgettable for me, and I can't remember anything from that match other than Show ko'ing him. Now the big show can move on into retirement...please.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy - I was expecting it to be a survivor series style match as well. What's the point of having 10 men involved in a match like that.

Cena vs Rock - for as much as I fucking loathe Cena, he was bearable to watch and kept the Super Cena shit to a minimum. Also quite surprised it went for that long. We all knew he was doomed when he tried to go for the people's elbow lol xD

Taker vs HHH - this was pure excitement the entire time. I haven't seen a match like it in such a long time, and it really felt like the attitude era again, loved hearing JR call the match :) My match of the event.

Punk vs Jericho - they match each other so damn well, they were so insync that it looked like the same person wrestling themselves.

Anyway, this one was MUCH better than last year and I'm grateful they kept the gimmicks and crap to a minimum.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sheamus vs D.Bryan the most disappointing match I have ever seen. I expect shit like this to be in the divas matches, or you know...squash matches.....creative are going to be shitting themselves with this mistake. The crowd reaction on Raw AND during WM was overwhelming with support for Bryan - OVERWHELMING. The writers blatantly came out and said they wrote the match to be 18 seconds...because they wanted to go for a new wrestlemania record :/ Apparently it had been written in for about 3 weeks, and many wrestlers lobbied hard to get that match changed. But hey, Sheamus is best buds with HHH, so can we expect anything different? ;) So apparently Bryan doesn't get a rematch, but it's coolios for Del Rio to have a go? Don't get me wrong, Del Rio is great, but wtf :/
I read somewhere they actually wanted it to beat the time record with Kane v Chavo for the ECW Championship at Wrestlemania 24 (?) which was 8 seconds I think? Didn't pan out though.

Anyway, this one was MUCH better than last year and I'm grateful they kept the gimmicks and crap to a minimum.
Definitely agree. Even with the gimmicks - I consider Hell in a Cell a gimmick - the ones they used actually worked, most of the time.

Also, may have slightly peed my pants with the last few minutes of Raw xD
Ah... see Lesnar was before my time so I'm just like: "Oh, that's nice".

Same thing when Jericho first came back, I was like "Oh, that's nice".

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Also, may have slightly peed my pants with the last few minutes of Raw xD
ME TOO! Holy Shit Brock Lesnar
Apparantly he's signed on to appear in most Raws so I cant wait to see where they go with him
Funny how he was booed right out of the building when he left but when he came back he got the biggest pop of the year so far

Ah... see Lesnar was before my time so I'm just like: "Oh, that's nice".
Same thing when Jericho first came back, I was like "Oh, that's nice".
Jericho v1 was the funniest thing ever. His hair LOL and his relationship with Stephanie was awesome.
Same with Rocky. Rock of 1999-2004 was THE best promo cutter of all time. He could never be a proper heel because the crowd always cheered for him.
You're seriously missing out!! The Attitude Era is worth watching if you have spare time.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've seen Jericho's hair... I did a double-take when I saw him first. I'm like "omg is that him? really?"

But I'd watch the Attitude Era I suppose... but where?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)