Should I drop Extension English? (2 Viewers)

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
I am concerned whether I can perform well in English Extension

Is it better to just perform well in advanced english and allow more time to study for other subjects?

Problems with this subject:

• The amount of time required for reading/note-taking
  • Falling behind the course - I haven't read my prescribed text Hamlet due to laziness

Also, my parents are putting pressure on me to keep the subject because they think I can do well... but I don't know if I have the time to do so! I will do 4U MATHS, PHYSICS and MODERN HISTORY IN YEAR 12 (excluding English) which will eat up most of my time

So what do you guys suggest?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So you're planning to have 11 units?

To be honest, I did 14 - including Extension 2 English and Extension 2 Maths and I coped fine. You just have to figure out how to manage your time.

Plus I wouldn't suggest reading a play, I'd suggest watching it. So basically, if you like the subject - then you do it. If you don't like it, or if you feel you're wasting time - you drop it.

Same advice as always.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on whether you think you can do well in EE1 or whether you like it or not.

I assume you're dropping EE1 to pick up MX2 (what I'm planning to do as well).

So if you keep EE1, you have 12 and if you drop EE1, you have 11 since you'll end up picking up MX2.

Can you manage the workload of 12 units in Year 12? If no, it's best to drop EE1. If yes, consider keeping it.

To be honest, I kind of like EE1 at the moment. It's much better than Advanced.
I predict that you'll most likely drop EE1. But my prediction may be wrong.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the input guys

Yes I feel like I'm wasting my time because I want to become an all-rounder and doing EE1 won't help my cause since I don't think I'll get an E4 in it

I will drop to advanced because I want to focus on other subjects instead (especially MX2)

Studies of Religion I is completed this year for me since I'm an accelerant, leaving for me 10 units

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the input guys

Yes I feel like I'm wasting my time because I want to become an all-rounder and doing EE1 won't help my cause since I don't think I'll get an E4 in it

I will drop to advanced because I want to focus on other subjects instead (especially MX2)

Studies of Religion I is completed this year for me since I'm an accelerant, leaving for me 10 units
Then I believe you should drop EE1. Feeling like you're wasting time for a subject indicates that your productivity for it is low.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
I have changed my mind once again

I will continue to keep going in it... because we got our marks and the teacher said it is not worth dropping since I did quite well

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I have changed my mind once again

I will continue to keep going in it... because we got our marks and the teacher said it is not worth dropping since I did quite well
good job man. EE1 is quite interestin anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)