some one who got a 97.30 ATAR without studying? (1 Viewer)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
possibly because I knew how hard I had to work for my ATAR and it annoys me when people get so high without trying.
and dw, I'm not promoting tutoring or anything, I don't even charge her, she is a family friend!
I would be so angry if someone in our cohort didn't try and got a high ATAR! Some people just confuse me.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Tutoring isn't necessary for English imo, I came to Australia 8 years ago with 0 English, never went tutoring and ended up with a 92 in Advanced :S Never listened to teachers telling me to read books lol, in the end just learn how to write essays and memorise them for year 12, that's basically all I did.

Maybe she studied without telling you. I know some people that work hard and tell nobody, not because they are modest or anything. I guess some people would even tell others they don't try so they wont feel as shit if they dont get what they expected. Cynical yes, but these people are quite common.
Those people are very, very common!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I would be so angry if someone in our cohort didn't try and got a high ATAR! Some people just confuse me.
~whoops~

The guy above me and I came 4th and 5th at our school and we barely tried.

But I hardly think we did well compared to everyone else in the state.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
~whoops~

The guy above me and I came 4th and 5th at our school and we barely tried.

But I hardly think we did well compared to everyone else in the state.
Well done! As I said, some people just confuse me!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
There will always be people like that. At the end of the day, it's their choice to prioritise however they wish, it isn't really anyone's right to judge what one should/should not aim for in life.

Just stay ranked above them (which shoulnd't be a problem if they don't care) and they won;t affect you at all.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
IQ is the equivalent of computer RAM. Now if you think about that it implies as you say, two people with 140 IQ might not study the same or have the same memory, it just implies.. eh you know what i mean dont you. Mhm. i agree with you actually.
Wow, I don't think that's accurate, LOL.

I'd say if anything, CPU is equivalent to IQ =). Not taht IQ matters at all in the HSC.

Firivae

HSC
Wow, I don't think that's accurate, LOL.

I'd say if anything, CPU is equivalent to IQ =). Not taht IQ matters at all in the HSC.
iq means crack all in hsc lol, as one american president said, persistence has solved, and will always solve, all the problems of the human race. Calvin Coolidge it was, i believe. Persistence is what gets you where you want to go, high iq is a gamble in the hsc if you lack persistence

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
IQ is probably not an ideal measure of brain power, anyway.

Personally, I do think that your raw intelligence DOES affect your HSC performance in some way but hard work can overcome this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)