Second chances? (1 Viewer)

LadyLaLa

HSC
LOL We are talking again though, that's why i posted the thread. He apologised to me in person after i deleted him of fb and ignored him at work.. He told me that he felt like a huge ass and he's 100% sorry about hurting me.
Now that that's happened and the 'forgiving' stage was over with we talk on fb almost everyday or second day. He asked me to his drama production last night, he's not in it but he managed it. So yea mixed signals.

When he knew i had a bf.. well he asked in a round a bout way like "oh you haven't been at work for a few days. what have you been doing? been with your bf?'
I didn't know he knew so i was like 'how do you know' .. him: 'educated guess'.
When I asked him if he was with someone then too he went all sad "I'm not allowed one"
So that's when i thought it wasn't just me.. :L
LOL well you have a boyfriend now so he's out of the picture :L You shouldn't worry about how he feels... his loss. You guys weren't a couple in the beginning so being friends is so much easier LOL imagine being with him before this. bleh would be too messy haha. Anyways, I'm glad you guys are cool with each other again! :)

Eg155

HSC
LOL well you have a boyfriend now so he's out of the picture :L You shouldn't worry about how he feels... his loss. You guys weren't a couple in the beginning so being friends is so much easier LOL imagine being with him before this. bleh would be too messy haha. Anyways, I'm glad you guys are cool with each other again! :)
Lol she broke up with her bf... hahah

Stelleee

HSC
Because historically generalizations about men have not infiltrated mainstream perceptions to the effect of sanctifying discrimination against men in employment, voting rights etc etc.
Omg sooo true :inlove:

(But legitimately, I'm sick of guys having this debate, or using the line "No, if you want feminism, then we can't be chivalrous either".) No matter how many laws are put into place to give the impression that society sees women and men as "equal", we will always be biologically predetermined and media-influenced to subconsciously see women as inferior to men.

Lentern

HSC
Omg sooo true :inlove:

(But legitimately, I'm sick of guys having this debate, or using the line "No, if you want feminism, then we can't be chivalrous either".) No matter how many laws are put into place to give the impression that society sees women and men as "equal", we will always be biologically predetermined and media-influenced to subconsciously see women as inferior to men.
Yeeeaaah dunno if I agree about the chivalry part. I think a lot of notions of chivalry are a bit patronizing but at the same time I think we often conflate ideas of chivalry with politeness into the same thing. I think the idea of a man assuming some sort of heroic protector role for these "poor, helpless women" is awfully reductive but when I've heard people talk about the virtues of chivalry in modern discourse they're often talking about simple graces and manners which I agree people should show each other and that extends to men talking to other men. In some respects I find the two facedness of it even more offensive, seeing some guys say horribly vulgar things around other guys then suddenly turn on the charm when there is a girl in the room is disgusting. Also don't really agree that we're biologically predetermined to see women as inferior, socially conditioned is more my view.

And to take up on my original point I'm not condoning crass generalizations about men in any sense, I think neither are constructive things to say, merely there has historically been greater potential for harm in allowing generalizations about women to go unchecked.

Last edited:

study-me-alot

HSC
you know what ! stuff him that is exactly the same situation i have , but i gave up on him , if he wanted me he wouldve had me when he had tha chance so screw him for missing out on such chance. dont worry he is nothing !
Do you believe in second chances??

... I really liked this guy and he liked me back but the thing is he wasn't allowed a gf because of school and another reason which he won't tell me... which leads me to think he never liked me in the beginning... :L
After a lot of cheezy messages over fb he just stopped talking to me. Then we met up again this year and he said sorry, it was like nothing ever happened and nothing ever changed between us. I mean, you like the people who hurt you the most, right?

Would you forgive them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)