Hi,Guys. Chemical engineering @ USYD or UNSW?? (1 Viewer)

Peter-Pan

HSC
N/A
Hi,guys ,i'm going to attend chemical engineering next month but now thinking about choosing which one ? UNSW or USYD?

I heard about UNSW has better overall engineering teaching quality and high graduate salary. While i don't get much info about USYD, just heard it's famous for its commerce and arts ,social science. But i live very close to USYD which is more convenient for me.

Can anybody explain to me the difference between two uni in chemical engineering ? Like future prospect , ur judgement and reasons? Thanx :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Go to uni open days and ask around. Or go to their faculty websites for each uni and look at the course structure and anything else you may be interested in.

Personally, I'd wager Engineering at UNSW is better just because Engineering at UNSW, I think, is more highly regarded apparently.

However, if the convenience of Sydney suits you better... then, go to USyd.

zxreth

HSC
Go to uni open days and ask around. Or go to their faculty websites for each uni and look at the course structure and anything else you may be interested in.

Personally, I'd wager Engineering at UNSW is better just because Engineering at UNSW, I think, is more highly regarded apparently.

lol wut?

Peter-Pan

HSC
N/A

Thanx mate, but one of my friend told me graduate from UNSW earns more than USyd in chemical engineering , what i want to ask is does the prestige of uni affect ur salary ?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Look, if you're going "next month" you have to go to UNSW because USyd doesn't take mid-year applications.

Peter-Pan

HSC
N/A
I'm an international student that's why ... Usyd offer chemical and bimolecular engineering in Middle year intake for international student

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanx mate, but one of my friend told me graduate from UNSW earns more than USyd in chemical engineering , what i want to ask is does the prestige of uni affect ur salary ?
No.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm an international student that's why ... Usyd offer chemical and bimolecular engineering in Middle year intake for international student
I could tell, but I didn't know they offered mid-year for internationals.

Maybe go to UNSW, I think there is a better environment for internationals there and their engineering programmes are apparently great.

The USyd engg programme seems good to me too, and travel from USyd to UNSW is like a 30 minute bus through Newtown so it's not like the travel is that much.

I dunno, it's your choice, we can't make it for you.

Will you be able to afford travel costs, etc.?

Peter-Pan

HSC
N/A
hmmm, the tuition fee of Usyd minus UNSW can afford the travel cost of two years actually ... but it really doesn't matter. If u r me ,which one will u try ?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm, the tuition fee of Usyd minus UNSW can afford the travel cost of two years actually ... but it really doesn't matter. If u r me ,which one will u try ?
I'd combine with science because I'm mor of a science guy and I'd go to whichever one had the shorter degree with BE/BSc(Adv).

So what I'd do is not applicable to you.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
^ There's an entire part of our uni just dedicated to Engineering.

Peter-Pan

HSC
N/A
hehe, i know .... but just now i saw the thread about the overview of chemical engineering @ USYD... it's not bad actually . If someone can write an overview of UNSW, which will be very useful though ...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ There's an entire part of our uni just dedicated to Engineering.
yes, and there's an entire part of unsw dedicated to astrophysics.

but it's through a quite hidden door off a fire escape sort of stairwell and consists of three very small rooms, and they still have the old white computers there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)