To drop, or not to drop general maths? (2 Viewers)

gleeek

HSC
Well, I am currently near the end of my prelim course, and am contemplating whether or not to drop general maths. I am fairly good at maths, if, of course, I somewhat study. But the thing is, I have been lacking the motivation to since the beginning of the year, and thus haven't been getting overly good marks.

I am definitely more humanities oriented, my other subjects are:
- Advanced English
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- Business Studies, and
- Legal studies

I do understand that if I were to drop maths (or any other subject) I would be at risk of destroying (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) my ATAR, but I think I would very much benefit from the free periods as I will be able to focus on my other subjects that I am more motivated to study.

So... what do you guys think?

Thank you in advance.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Pick up Extension History, then drop General Math imo.

gleeek

HSC
Pick up Extension History, then drop General Math imo.
That was actually my initial plan believe it or not, but the problem is my school doesn't run ext hist, because it never gets enough people willing to do it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, if you don't like it - then you drop it. Simple.

And for Extension History, if your school doesn't offer it - then you'll have to go through Open High School or something else if you want to take it.

Shadowless

HSC
Drop it.

a) You do not even enjoy it... it will show in your marks.
b) As this subject isn't one of the 'high scaling' subjects, not achieving a decent mark will be detrimental to your ATAR / would not even count towards your 10 units anyway (meaning it will be a waste of time for sure).
c) Free periods, allowing you to focus on your other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)