• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Internship; penultimate year requirement. (1 Viewer)

akatsukisan

HSC
Are employers such as CBA, Westpac etc strict when they say they want penultimate year students? Just curious as I'm the third year of a 5-6 year degree program.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are employers such as CBA, Westpac etc strict when they say they want penultimate year students? Just curious as I'm the third year of a 5-6 year degree program.
I would be inclined to say yes.

From what I can gather, internships are offered as kind of a quasi-trial for prospective employees. The fact that you will graduate in 2+ years kind of defeats the purpose of this. It's always worth a shot I suppose. If you're that good, they may offer you work on a part-time basis depending on the firm.

is a roflcopter
HSC
They are pretty strict about it so if you do put it down, you will unlikely pass the online application filtering.

read below but proceed with caution.

me and my friends used a convenient story about how we were considering to drop law and just pursue the commerce degree.
That allowed us to get internships at big4 accounting and bank jobs during our 3rd year (out of five).

Note you might be banned.
I think i was banned from KPMG lol. but then at PWC the partner was nice enough to offer me another internship when i was a real penultimate LOLOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)