Hand writing... (2 Viewers)

Lucas_

HSC
This is my hand-writing - I occasionally get warnings for it :/ Reckon it's too messy for the HSC?IMG156.jpg

HSC
I lost marks for a stupid 4u inequality ==

Lucas, I think that's fine - yours is 'uniform' and not randomised - this is, IMO, the thing that makes it hardest to read. You can see in Zombies, the 'd' s are all different which it makes it difficult to read.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
This is my usual exam handwriting. It gets much much worse as I continue on (and my hand gets tired).

I always get told off every time we get our assessments back. Literally every one of my teachers (including my math teachers) have a go at it :(

I honestly think it impacts my grades. If I wrote what I wrote more legibly, i'm fairly certain I would scrape an extra mark here and there *sigh*
That's pretty terrible. Serious improvement required if you're planning to do well in the HSC.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Holy crap zombie, when did you start handwriting? Yesterday or something? I honest don't understand how you can get messy handwriting unless you do it deliberately. You really need to improve as it just looks like scribble to me.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy crap zombie, when did you start handwriting? Yesterday or something? I honest don't understand how you can get messy handwriting unless you do it deliberately. You really need to improve as it just looks like scribble to me.
Harsh. He/she would be under a lot of pressure, and perhaps they haven't been practising handwriting as a priority all their lives. But yes, improvement is required.

enoilgam

HSC
Just a stray observation, but what makes many peoples writing hard to read is the running writing. Like Zombieapocalypse, your writing isnt too bad, its just the running writing which makes it difficult to read. My writing is pretty bad, but since I use block letters its pretty readable even when I am in "last 5 minutes of the exam" mode.

HSC
N/A
Yeah, sorry zombie but yours is pretty dodgey
I know :(
That's pretty terrible. Serious improvement required if you're planning to do well in the HSC.
It's not an issue of me not trying to write neatly. It's honestly extremely hard to change the way you write. I've tried to change my handwriting for years. It's like asking someone to eat with chopsticks when they've eaten with a knife and fork their entire life.

I've always had problems with my handwriting, even in kindergarten. I've only fixed my grip recently (this year), but it hasn't helped much with my handwriting :(
You're so ignorant. No one intentionally writes like this. We know it's terrible and pulls our marks down. And considering we know this, would we actually consciously try writing this way?

Harsh. He/she would be under a lot of pressure, and perhaps they haven't been practising handwriting as a priority all their lives. But yes, improvement is required.
I know :(

Wonder

HSC
Just a stray observation, but what makes many peoples writing hard to read is the running writing. Like Zombieapocalypse, your writing isnt too bad, its just the running writing which makes it difficult to read. My writing is pretty bad, but since I use block letters its pretty readable even when I am in "last 5 minutes of the exam" mode.
Definitely, I find printing makes my writing easier to read, too.

I also used to have terrible writing, but it became 10x neater after I started writing it slanted - felt more comfortable for me, too. Loosening my grip (try practising with a fountain pen or brush pen or something) also helped. I don't know if this will help any of you, though.

HSC
N/A
My handwriting was actually a little better before I was forced to learn cursive in year 4. Then my handwriting became a hybrid between running writing and normal writing :(

Writing with block letters will slow me down, but considering i've finished most of my exams (except english and math) an hour early, I can afford to slow down a little.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Sorry Zombie, I didn't know you would have took it offensively. I didn't intend to be like that. I'm just quite surprised about the fact that I HONESTLY haven't seen that kind of handwriting. Sorry to offend you in sort of way. But you really need to improve a lot.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When we are talking block letters are we really talking writing in all capitals or are we actually talking about printing? Writing in all capitals is very hard to read and it is isn't neat it makes it even worse.

HSC
I think they mean printing.

I tried to print in the past but it was just too slow...esp for 40 minutes of 900-1100 words.

HSC
N/A
Sorry Zombie, I didn't know you would have took it offensively. I didn't intend to be like that. I'm just quite surprised about the fact that I HONESTLY haven't seen that kind of handwriting. Sorry to offend you in sort of way. But you really need to improve a lot.
it's cool :)
Just making sure that you knew that when we write like this; it isn't intentional :p

Eg155

HSC
This is my usual exam handwriting. It gets much much worse as I continue on (and my hand gets tired).

I always get told off every time we get our assessments back. Literally every one of my teachers (including my math teachers) have a go at it :(

I honestly think it impacts my grades. If I wrote what I wrote more legibly, i'm fairly certain I would scrape an extra mark here and there *sigh*
Yeahhh OMGAWSH deffs handwriting buddies now ;D Jeeze it's almost identical- the illegibility and all included.

Hey, I had an absolutely horrible writing style a month ago, Due to my pen grip --- I used 4 fingers..... So I tryed the "normal pen grip" at the start of last month and all of a sudden BOOM my hand is just auto tuned and writing as neat as I ever had before...

I really don't know if this has any relevance whatsoever but you know thought I would say it anyways if it IS your pen grip?
If you saw the image I uploaded on the other page, yeah that's my handwriting AFTER I fixed my pen grip; I too used to grip with 4 fingers. Never quite understood why, despite my efforts, the pen wouldn't move any faster :S...
Also, being left handed with a tiny wrist is not a great combo for exam writing :L HSC come at me ?....

LOL I should post my brother's writing. It's worse than everyone's on this thread. You know how in the movies when murderers like write on the walls with a scratchy print in blood? Yeah, that's my brother's writing. Didn't go down well in the HSC either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)