UNSW vs. USyd? (3 Viewers)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Hi! I will be entering as an international student in 2013 and I am conflicted between Master of Commerce (Extension) in UNSW and Master of International Business in USyd?

Which is better in terms of crowd, social life, studies and employability?

Thank you very much. :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Also, what is the percentage of Asian students in both univ? Thank you.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW for everything in the first post

and UNSW has more Asian students

figsan

HSC
N/A
Oh and please elaborate on why I should choose UNSW or USyd. Thank you very much :)

planino

HSC
In Australia, UNSW and USYD are in general, looked up to by many employers. I think USYD has better international recognition though. Both are pretty good with your other criteria, but USYD looks quite old, and UNSW is heaven (although it's very naive to have architecture as a criteria. I better tell myself that lol). If you're undecided, then look up the structure of the courses and see which appeals to you the most

USYD ranks better, but then again, you're better off looking up the structure of your course

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
In Australia, UNSW and USYD are in general, looked up to by many employers. I think USYD has better international recognition though. Both are pretty good with your other criteria, but USYD looks quite old, and UNSW is heaven (although it's very naive to have architecture as a criteria. I better tell myself that lol). If you're undecided, then look up the structure of the courses and see which appeals to you the most

USYD ranks better, but then again, you're better off looking up the structure of your course
w0t

seanieg89

HSC

Respectfully beg to differ. I think the sandstone architecture of the older parts of Usyd is beautiful. It is the closest thing to the Oxbridge aesthetic that you can find in Aus really. That said, maths buildings are ugly the world over.

figsan

HSC
N/A
I've already taken into consideration the structure of both programs and I love both, which is why it is extremely difficult for me to decide.

Correct me if I am wrong but I read elsewhere that the Australia School of Business of UNSW is the best in the country. Which is why I am leaning towards UNSW but then again, I hear that USyd has a great reputation. being an international student, I really have no idea how the culture is in both Univs. Any help on this?

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
To be honest, let your instincts guide you.

If you really are still struggling to decide, I will give you a few questions to answer and that should conclude your decision.

1) Which one is closer to you?
2) Which one sells better food?

That should be enough for the meantime :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
No idea which one sells better food. HAHA.
I'll be looking for a place to rent once I arrive in Sydney so my location will really depend upon which Univ I choose. Thus, making my decision a whole lot hard to make.

figsan

HSC
N/A
I did my undergrad and postgrad in the Philippines (University of Asia and the Pacific)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Also, is there a dress code within universities? :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Yup! That's awesome. And is the balance of the number of both domestic and international students in UNSW good? :)

Also, does the no dress code thing apply to Postgrad students as well? :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Do you guys happen to know the age range of students taking up post grad? :)

Also, going back to the main topic: UNSW or USyd? :D

figsan

HSC
N/A
haha YES!!

Should I be running late one morning, I'll just come to uni in the clothes I slept in :) Unhygienic, but I'd love to experience doing that for a day at least
Hahahaha! Unhygienic but at least you make it on time! :)) And hopefully, you don't do it much. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)