how much extra study is really needed for 4u? (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Fuck english. I've said it once, i'll say it again
lol your in year 10?

If yes, then stop talking like you know the HSC. If you master English then you are on your way to a great ATAR. Everyone who said what you said didnt end up with a particularly great ATAR (or at least not what they wanted).

I'll be interested to see how you go.

jackerino

HSC
lol your in year 10?

If yes, then stop talking like you know the HSC. If you master English then you are on your way to a great ATAR. Everyone who said what you said didnt end up with a particularly great ATAR (or at least not what they wanted).

I'll be interested to see how you go.

YES IM IN YR 10 OMG!!! I just hate english. Omgsh plzz plz zplz dont say dat! I WANT A GOOD ATAR!!! why oh why lord do we need english...... FINE I'll WORK AT ENGLISH OKAY!!! omg. Thats why I want to buy super duper essays from top ENg ADv people so I know that if I practice moulding those essays to past HSC questions I'll go good in the HSC itself right...?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Why can't people understand it's all relative.....

Personally, I don't study for 4U, except for like the night before the test. I just do the homework which takes maybe an hour or 2 a week.

For others it may take more effort, or even less effort.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
YES IM IN YR 10 OMG!!! I just hate english. Omgsh plzz plz zplz dont say dat! I WANT A GOOD ATAR!!! why oh why lord do we need english...... FINE I'll WORK AT ENGLISH OKAY!!! omg. Thats why I want to buy super duper essays from top ENg ADv people so I know that if I practice moulding those essays to past HSC questions I'll go good in the HSC itself right...?
i hav so much #swag imma post diz status cuz #yolo

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Studying 4U varies between person to person. But make sure you don't neglect any of your subjects. Don't fall into the trap of doing maths all the time.

enoilgam

HSC
Studying 4U varies between person to person. But make sure you don't neglect any of your subjects. Don't fall into the trap of doing maths all the time.
This is very true. I knew a few people at my high school that devoted pretty much all their time to 3 unit and 4 unit and neglected everything else. One of them got dual band 6s in both subjects, but crashed out elsewhere (high 70's - low 80's).

math man

HSC
N/A
but when you get to uni and do adv maths, then you can study maths all the time

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
If you guys neglect English, it will let you down considerably. I focused just on maths and because of that I didn't end up with an ATAR I expected to get!

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenGlass

HSC
4u maths DOES NOT require 4 hours a day, (although it may for some people).
As long as you UNDERSTAND clearly all the concepts and how they work, you only need to spend around an hour a day. Also, as AAEldar said, DO NOT neglect english in Year 12 - my biggest mistake. English is what distinguishes EVERY student, since EVERYONE doesn't. It really CAN be the discriminating factor that gets you into your course or not, it can have a big impact on ATAR.

fionarykim

HSC
woow LOOL
anyways just while we're on the topic of english, for those who say fk english really have to change their attitude now before its too late!

ive never liked english myself, and not that i did bad, i didnt do good
now that im almost in year 12, and advanced english can sometimes stress me out, if you focused more in your earlier years and enjyoed it, it will help so much! i dont dislike english anymore and i have gotten to like it, however i have to work double as hard to catch up with everyone else who loved english since yr 7!

anyways, i have talked to my teacher, who is an extremely smart person as he is part of the group who CREATES the 3u and 4u hsc paper
and he says i am definately capable, what i dont understand is why he beleivs that, as i am only getting around 70-80% in 3u
i do try hard in all my subjects, but i dont feel as though i have the confidence i can do well
butt, i have decided to give it a go! as there really isnt no harm
and if you guys are right, 4u has just been made wayy too dramatic, as i see people saying passing 4u is like amazing! and etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)